Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dealer in town here has the 25' gooseneck with the 2-7,000 pound axles for 4100

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i thought...only thing i dont like is the 2-7,000s....im thinkin bout gettin a quote on the 30+5 with the 2-10,000s......make me feel better when im haulin somethin heavy.....and more room for hay

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
just outa curiosity, are ya gonna be towing it with your c1500?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maby occasionally...mainly be towed with our 86 chevy dually....i figure the 454 aught to handle it fine

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
my uncle has two of the smaller ones that they make and they have been pretty decent trailers. They skimped on the wiring and didn't really put grommets in the right places so the light wires rubbed the insulation off and shorted to the frame. Just keep check on them or take them off and run some hose around them and you will be fine. It didn't cost much to replace the wiring.. just took figuring out what went wrong.

Other than that they seem to pull really well. I haven't had the bigger ones but I am sure they are about made the same.

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
maby occasionally...mainly be towed with our 86 chevy dually....i figure the 454 aught to handle it fine
Yep the 454 will get r dun! :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I have a Better Built Trailers gooseneck (They are in north Alabama, too). When I was looking a few years ago their trailers appeared to have better welds than Lone Wolf and looked a little more engineered than just constructed. I think they were also a little heavier, which can be good if you are going to load it to the max like I do or bad if you are going to under load it (why pull the extra weight?) Things change so I don't know if my observations still hold true. While you are shopping you might want to take a look at them though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive got emails sent to both of them....and the heavier built the better........theres times it will prolly haul upwards of 25,000

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey may i can git u a heck of a deal on a goose neck cheak out lawamors trailors holla at me

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i priced a 30'X102" goose with 2-10k axles and the self leveling dovetail at 7670 picked up from the factory....that was from lone wolf.....more than i want to spend now........coalfed thats the size and axles i want......let me know what u can get it for......thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
i just bought a 25: self levelin bed 2 7k axels for 4,000 after taxes i priced one like u want for 6,500

1 - 15 of 15 Posts