Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wondering what wires i need to splice into a switch for the lockup in overdrive. And what wires i need to find.

Thanks for any help
Garrett

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
unless you have a 47rh from a 94+ youll need a new trans for tq lock
if your talking about a toggle for OD then one of the wires that come out of the two prong connector that comes out of the trans between the trans lines but youll need to figgure ground and hot, then put toggle on the ground and hook so it grounds when its toggled
ch

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thats what i was talking about, to control the OD, but thanks for all the help, if i turn the switch off will it still shift into overdrive or will i always have to manually control it?

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
15,575 Posts
If you just splice into the wire for the ground. The PCM can still controll OD.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thats great, so where exactly is the plug, on top or on the side, and which colored wire is the ground.

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
15,575 Posts
In front of the rear trans cooler line. Look for a 2 wire plug that is facing upwards towards the bottom of the cab.

Just unplug the connection. Use a test light. Only one wire will show power on it. Splice into the other wire.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks again, i do this all while the truck is running right?

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
15,575 Posts
Doesn't matter if the truck is running. Just Key in the on position will work. The power feed to the OD solenoid is a switched circuit.

Reactions: Dave2011

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great, sorry for all of the dumb questions but would i have to take the plug out to check which one is ground?

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
15,575 Posts
I think the blue wire is the power.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thank you Phillip for all your help :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts