Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched some of the Ram man inc, you tube videos and it is very interesting. Had no idea how much
extra wear and tear there from not having a true unlocking hub like Ford has. Has also claims the ball joints
wear out fast also with the stock setup. Anyone have his kit? Any feed back?

·
Registered
78 Posts
It only seems logical that when an item does not move it does not wear, items like u joints and bearings. I am not sure how this would affect ball joints in my opinion.

Someday I will probably put the locking hubs on my 3500, I never liked having full time 4wd on the old chevys we had. We eventually put 205 transfer cases and hubs on all of them.

·
Registered
508 Posts
There are lots of threads about the various locking hub options. You will never recoup your investment. That being said, locking hubs and bypassing the CAD system would be nice, just not a real practical investment or solution. I would much prefer the Dana 60 over the AAM 9.25, but it is what it is in order to get the Cummins.

Reactions: HeavyTwo

·
Cummins Freak
3,551 Posts
I ran his Hubs on my 12' and really liked them. I could tell a big difference in how much easier the truck rolled and steered!! While I think he makes a good product there were things that I did not like. The hubs are custom made so if you have a problem and need to replace a bearing you have to buy from him which is $$$. Also did not like how when the hubs were unlocked the axle stub just kinda laid in the unit bearing with no clip or support!!!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I put the Dynatrack hubs on my 03 and they were great. The CAD on my 14 kind of makes hubs less important.

Reactions: HeavyTwo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.