Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please explain if and how i can install a lock up switch for my converter?

·
Registered
117 Posts
the center harrness on the ecm in the engine bay tap in to the b11 wire aka orange with black stripe. run it to a toggle switch and the other side of the switch run it to a ground. when it gronds out the b11 signal it causes the converter to lock. then for the trans realy you have to install a jumper wire for it. on the side of the relay that has only two prongs do not re install the relay. (the trans will still shift by its self and lock up). just make sure when you engage the switch to shut it off when your comeing to a stop.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim What will happen if i forget to shut switch off?

·
Registered
117 Posts
it will chug the motor down like a stick if you forgot to depress the clutch. but its worse then that because it can slip the clutches. i personaly love the switch. you have to be careful but it gives you the feeling and pull of a stick.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool Thanks Iv wanted to try it because im sick and tired of the tranny trying to decide whether or not its gonna lock up or shift gears or do whatever Hopefully it helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts