Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a early 04 and just wired up the lock up switch on my transmission. I got a 2 wire toggle switch. Pulled the wrong plug on the driver side transmission and located wire #7. I tapped into wire 7 and ran a wire to one side of the toggle and then the other wire coming off the toggle I soldered a 33ohm resistor in and grounded it. I put my truck in drive and flip the switch and it will stall the motor.. But I tried it out going down the road and flipped it soon as I hit 2nd gear and the shifts feel the same and so does the motor power.. I also flipped the switch on doing about 50mph and floored it and it downshifted.. Thought it was not suppose to downshift. Is it not working correctly?

·
Banned
513 Posts
if it stalled the engine it should be working. if you floor it does it go straight to 3k rpm or does it slowly get there!

·
2,244 Posts
I have mine wired the same way, and it will stall the truck if its at idle. I will also downshift while locked and its a wicked downshift so I don't do that anymore. Who's valve body do you have in the trans?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am running Goerends VB.. His shifts are already nice and firm so its hard to tell a big difference in between the lock up and his vb. I was cruising about 50mph and locked it up and floored it and it downshifted.. I just thought it was not suppose to downshift if manually locked up

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also I floored it today and when It hit 2nd gear I flipped the switch.. After getting back down to cruising speed and sitting at redlights I noticed my trans temp running a little hotter then normal!! does that mean it may of slipped some converter clutchs?? Dont wanna use it anymore if its gonna tear stuff up

·
Registered
896 Posts
its gonna hurt your tanny if its working. thats why your only suposed to use in 4 racing at the track not all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.