Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a early 04 and just wired up the lock up switch on my transmission. I got a 2 wire toggle switch. Pulled the wrong plug on the driver side transmission and located wire #7. I tapped into wire 7 and ran a wire to one side of the toggle and then the other wire coming off the toggle I soldered a 33ohm resistor in and grounded it. I put my truck in drive and flip the switch and it will stall the motor.. But I tried it out going down the road and flipped it soon as I hit 2nd gear and the shifts feel the same and so does the motor power.. I also flipped the switch on doing about 50mph and floored it and it downshifted.. Thought it was not suppose to downshift. Is it not working correctly?

·
Banned
516 Posts
if it stalled the engine it should be working. if you floor it does it go straight to 3k rpm or does it slowly get there!

·
2,246 Posts
I have mine wired the same way, and it will stall the truck if its at idle. I will also downshift while locked and its a wicked downshift so I don't do that anymore. Who's valve body do you have in the trans?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am running Goerends VB.. His shifts are already nice and firm so its hard to tell a big difference in between the lock up and his vb. I was cruising about 50mph and locked it up and floored it and it downshifted.. I just thought it was not suppose to downshift if manually locked up

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it stalled the engine it should be working. if you floor it does it go straight to 3k rpm or does it slowly get there!
What exactly do ya mean? Like from a dead stop or a roll??

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also I floored it today and when It hit 2nd gear I flipped the switch.. After getting back down to cruising speed and sitting at redlights I noticed my trans temp running a little hotter then normal!! does that mean it may of slipped some converter clutchs?? Dont wanna use it anymore if its gonna tear stuff up

·
Registered
909 Posts
its gonna hurt your tanny if its working. thats why your only suposed to use in 4 racing at the track not all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts