Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I noticed today that when I press the (power locks) lock/unlock switch on the door or on the key itself (key less entry); that all the lock knobs will go up and down except the drivers door. I have to press it down to lock it or use the key to manually lock / unlock the drivers door. Is this normal or some kind of "safety so you don't lock your keys in the truck" deal? This is my first Dodge and also my first Diesel so this is all pretty new to me. I will fix my signature next but for now the truck is a 2007 Ram 2500, SLT, CTD, auto (48re????) quad cab, 4x4, short bed. Hope thats enough for now, sorry to take up so much room. Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry if this is a bone head newbie question.:lol3:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump to top.

·
Diesel Junkie
5,830 Posts
When locking,all four doors should lock at once.When unlocking,the drivers door only unlocks on the first click with key
less,second click unlocks all doors.
Something is wrong.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you True Value. Looks like I'll be visiting the dealer, pretty soon too, I only have 50 miles left on the warranty. They offered an extended warranty plan but it wasn't through Chrysler and was around $2000. Hadn't made my mind up on that one.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I know on my 2005, I was able to program the FOB so when I press the unlock, all doors unlock at the same time, compared to pressing it twice. It is a nice feature when hands are full.

Something is wrong though with your workings.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Eveready77 - What was the fix?? My 2004.5 is doing the exact same thing. I called the dealership and they are going to look at it tomorrow, but I don't know what they can do that I haven't already.....except order the parts.

Let me know what they said on yours and what the fix was.

Thanks,

·
Registered
950 Posts
mine has always locked all 4 when you push lock

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cummins600, I never took it back to them in time because it started working again and I could not get it to mess up again untill after a few thousand miles passed out of warranty. It still seems to have a mind of it's own and works off and on when it feels like it. I just started locking it manually when I get out and sticking the key in the door when it wont un-lock it's self. If it gets to the point of not working at all I will probably replace the lock motor. Hope the dealer can get yours fixed up.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Eveready77, thanks for the reply. I did the troubleshooting the manual takes you through on mine and it would not work at all. I took it to the stealership and they ordered a new lock assembly. I got it installed this morning and it works perfectly. The only fix for it after it goes out for good is to replace the whole lock mechanism. At least it is a cheap fix. The lock assembly was only $63...and takes about 45 minutes to replace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts