Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

Newbie here with a 2008 3500 quad cab and I'm having problems with fog on inside of windows on cold days. Most days I have to roll down windows to make a turn at corners. I checked the recirculation flap and it's moving as it should so I'm hoping to find the location of the air intake for the system and make sure it's clean.

I also tryed running the system with the AC on to see if it could dry the air but it was no help.

So if anyone could help with the location of the intake I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I believe its in the plastic piece between the hood and the windshield. If you have to much snow or leaves there it wont blow very well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

That was my original guess and will maybe start by taking the cowling off later and having a look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I found what I was looking for in that location and it's drawing plenty of fresh air in from there. So on to something a little further in to try and clear up the constant moisture on the interior windows.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'd bet you a dollar you've got a leak somewhere. My truck was doing the same thing, and it turns out my third brake light was leaking, so I took it out and put a new gasket on it and the fogging stopped. I also left the truck in my parents heated garage for a few days with all the doors open and some fans circulating the air out to try and dry the truck out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I attempted the drying out thing a week ago for 24 hrs in a heated garage with the fans as well. I'm going to dump it back on the dealership and see how it goes as they sold it too me recently and said to come back with any problems so I'll see where that goes....along with my future business if not well.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
If you have running lights check for leak there. I had that problem a year or so ago. water getting past the seal in running lights and dripping on header. Only happened after a hard rain and truck sitting all night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I haven't noticed the problem this year but over the summer I did replace a broken lens on one of the roof lights. Trucks also been a bit spoiled and hasn't moved much this winter, I have been putting the miles on the commuter car instead.

Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts