Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been livin here in richmond for bout a yr, but still dont know where the good shops are..

Wanting to have the gear ratio changed in my rearend, all that needs to be done is the ring and pinion needs to be swapped!!!

Anybody know of a shop near by to do the work or anybody know how to do it and wants to make a buck...?? Any help would be great!!!!
THANKS

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I dont know about anything up in Richmond I am stationed in Va beach and there are a few down here

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know about anything up in Richmond I am stationed in Va beach and there are a few down here
you know a name and number for the shops?

Ya i dont mind drivin an hour or two, got a quote up here for around $800...is that not high just to swap out the ring and pinion gears???
Might have a buddy that can get it done for $250 labor then i buy the parts...???

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Tim at TRE Diesel might do things like that...he has a small shop on the side where he does his performance work, but he might do some drivetrain stuff...

oh, were you down in anderson back in feb for the dyno day?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Nah he want come down he's scared he will get smoked by a 6speed:rof

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I smoked a newer powerstroke the other day very bad Pulling my 20ft pontoon.Thats just sad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts