Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have 35x12.5r20 in toyo m/t that have worn out excellent however i am looking to go up a size. i was thinking to stick with what i know however ive come to like the look of the nitto terra grapplers on lifted trucks.

so heres my question. i will most likely be getting LT355/60R20 which is a 37in equivalent; however the load rating on these is D versus the E that i have now. what does that mean for my truck. i never tow and the majority of miles this truck sees is highway. will i regret this decision? should i stick with the toyos that i know will get me upwards of 40k or try out the nittos? any input on guys running these would be great.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump before i make this purchase.. any tire gurus in here?

how bout the sponsor? i will be getting them from discount tire. think they have knowledge or just looking for the business?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Why don't you call Nitto and just ask them? (714) 252-0007

If you don't tow then you could run a D which is 8 ply. Just make sure the load rating will handle the weight of the Cummins. E will be a 10 ply with 80 psi max most likely compared to 50 or 60 on the D. Sidewall may bulge a bit on the D but I don' know because I run E's on this truck only. Sounds like you have had good luck with the Toyos so why fix what's not broken. :thumbsup:

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
You should be fine, look at the weight rating on the tire and compare it to the current tires. I'm actually running tires rated to 2490 lbs on my dually as compared to factory SRW tires rated to 3150

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why don't you call Nitto and just ask them? (714) 252-0007

If you don't tow then you could run a D which is 8 ply. Just make sure the load rating will handle the weight of the Cummins. E will be a 10 ply with 80 psi max most likely compared to 50 or 60 on the D. Sidewall may bulge a bit on the D but I don' know because I run E's on this truck only. Sounds like you have had good luck with the Toyos so why fix what's not broken. :thumbsup:
thanks.. just called em and they said i will be good to go since i dont tow. i could even tow small loads if i need to, which is fine with me.

i would love to stick with toyos but wanted to go up a size and after shelling out over a grand to get the truck back to looking right after the wreck, i have little left for tire money.. soooo nittos it is.. it will run me about 1000 bucks less to run em vs the toyos..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts