21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
Bigger is always better.... :)

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
If you NEED the dually, or will in the future, get it. Otherwise get the SRW, even if it means ordering it. Also, consider flying out to a dealership to pick up a 14 off the lot since it's almost time for the 15s. You can probably get a good enough deal to make it worthwhile.

·
Go Packers
6,211 Posts
Makes my man cave a closet.:doh:

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Had three duallies until one burned in April :banghead: and my wife and son dd them too work and school, I can see another in my future :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
That's for sure. The wrecker business must have been good to him.
I worked at Chrysler for 30 years in Logistics. Retired in 2007 and bought the wrecker to keep me out of trouble for a bit hauling cars once in awhile. I sold it off a few years ago

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
Those aren't mine, just one of the loads I was hauling for someone else

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I have had my '14 MegaDually for only a couple of months.... I love it. Very few places that I went with my F250 CC SB that I can't take the Ram. Even a few places that I couldn't take the Ford I have been able to squeeze her wide hips past. She turns way shorter than the '99 Ford. I park a little farther out, I got used to parking on/over the lines on Both sides at the same time. My wife's H2 is almost as wide, but it is a lot shorter. We don't live in the big city, and don't go there much at all. Haven't been able to put a truck in the garage for over 10 years. Until I get a shop, they'll have to stay outside.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Yeah, I'm at the not enough truck right now, hope to change that tomorrow. The price difference between the 2500 and the 3500 is only $1600, so its not the money, its capability vs practicality and the ability to park it in my garage. the 3500 won't fit.... but is would so go with my TT
I drive daily in one of the most populated metro areas, on my 17th year in a DRW. No real problems, but a SRW would be easier to drive/navigate. It's not a choice for me, but a necessity based on needing the DRW even though I only use it to haul heavy occasionally.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. I drove a 3500 Mega Cab 2wd and a 2500 CCSB 4X4, ended up buying the 2500 because of the ride quality, exterior color and interior color, the 3500 was white (least favorite color) with a black interior which just seemed like it would be REALLY hot on a 100+ day in Oklahoma, and honestly, the 2500 will pull my TT without issues. I love the color, and the interior is just awesome. :party018:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I was pushed across the Interstate highway by the wind a few years ago with a 30 ft TT in tow. We traded the SRW for a DRW right after that in 2007, I have had a DRW every since then. I could not imagine having a SRW every since that day.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I don't DD my DRW because I have a company truck for that but would not have an issue if I needed to.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was pushed across the Interstate highway by the wind a few years ago with a 30 ft TT in tow. We traded the SRW for a DRW right after that in 2007, I have had a DRW every since then. I could not imagine having a SRW every since that day.
That experience will point you in the direction of what you need instead of what you want. Duallys do give better stability for towing large trailers that have a large amount of wind surface area. Get out on the Great Plaines on a windy day or cross over the Cheseapeake Bay bridge in Virginia and you will really see some wind come up all of a sudden.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts