Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,904 Posts
It appears to be a post turbo thermocouple for an EGT gauge.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears to be a post turbo thermocouple for an EGT gauge.
It goes back across the engine towards the driver side and splits apart to two separate locations. That white L connector goes into the truck. I've found some other weird wiring and sketching stuff in this truck from previous owner but this has me confused

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've gotten all new gauges to run so I will be doing that eventually. Yes that is what I'm talking about... But is that a vacuum line if so does anyone know what it goes too?

·
Registered
16,904 Posts
I see it now. That is a vacuum line. I don't have a 4X4 but on mine the vacuum line near the exhaust manifold goes into the firewall to the HVAC. Does you air vent knob work? By working I mean can you select where the heat or A/C is directed to?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see it now. That is a vacuum line. I don't have a 4X4 but on mine the vacuum line near the exhaust manifold goes into the firewall to the HVAC. Does you air vent knob work? By working I mean can you select where the heat or A/C is directed to?

Yeah just went out and did a little testing. Air vents and everything are all good. Seems to be 4x4 about got stuck in 14 inches off snow and tried my 4x4. Dropped it in 4 low. No light on dash. Stepped on gas. Still in 2wd. Looks like thats the Deal

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
The vacuum line for 4X4 is near the master cylinder. Only vacuum lines I've seen in that area are for HVAC and a '97 that had a Jacobs exhaust brake.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The vacuum line for 4X4 is near the master cylinder. Only vacuum lines I've seen in that area are for HVAC and a '97 that had a Jacobs exhaust brake.
Guess I'll have to check there too. Cause I just had 4x4 but after that tube for HVAC broke it isn't working

1 - 11 of 11 Posts