Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share this, filled up my truck today all the way ($120) and calculated mileage, came out to be 11.16 :shock: time to make the foot lighter I guess, :doh:

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,650 Posts
Holy cow I get a mpg better when pulling a trailer lol

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha I know right, all i do is city drive and since I got my EZ hooked up, and i know its not a lot of power, still woke my truck pretty good its a little more fun to get on it. and I seem to get on it a bit more than not ha

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I see that you don't have a better lift pump yet though. If your VP is going out then it could ruin your milage.

City driving is also hard on it. I only get ~14-15mpg in the city but when i'm on the highway I can get 21mpg hand-calculated going through the mountains at about 65-70mph.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's not too bad! :thumbup: and as far as the lift pump it does have a new OEM replacement in the tank that was done 2 years ago and a new vp44 that was done a year ago. Just really wanting to upgrade over stock especially with what i want to do to it later on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Even the factory replacement lift pump in the tank can't hold up to the Edge EZ. I know that sounds wrong but it's true. There are many people on here with stories about how their replacement VP's didn't even last a full year. I'm not saying that this is your problem but maybe worth checking out. Try getting it scanned at your local auto parts store and see if there are any codes that aren't throwing the check engine light off.

If all is well there then I would start checking the brakes and drivetrain for something wrong. It's possible that something is dragging or worn out.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Also the fuel they switch to in the winter robs a bunch of mpg's. I saw a 5-6 mpg drop from the winter fuel over the summer fuel.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was worried about the EZ being to much for the OEM replacement lift pump. But didn't think too much of it because i figured with it just changing duration and not add fuel i would be okay. Ill see if i can get the codes ran if there is any. And yes i do need new brakes up front didn't even think that would cause it. And also didn't know about the change in winter fuel and summer fuel. Learning new stuff everyday!

·
Registered
349 Posts
And also didn't know about the change in winter fuel and summer fuel. Learning new stuff everyday!

Yea it has all of the additives in it to stop the fuel from gelling in the winter. which robs some power.

Also if you don't have a fuel pressure gauge get one like yesterday. That EZ is not gonna be EZ on the vp44, I would get a fuel pressure gauge and start saving up for a fuel system. Those are the 2 best mods you can make to your truck to save you thousands down the rd.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have always been hesitant to tell anyone in this forum how many mpg I get, cuz I don't think anyone would believe me. But on a 250km trip in the fall I got 28mpg with my 01. And towing my 700lb 5er home the same distance I got 17mpg. Andthat was hand calculated.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have always been hesitant to tell anyone in this forum how many mpg I get, cuz I don't think anyone would believe me. But on a 250km trip in the fall I got 28mpg with my 01. And towing my 700lb 5er home the same distance I got 17mpg. Andthat was hand calculated.
In a bone stock truck? Downhill halfway in neutral? Whats the gimmick here? Best I have ever seen in 19.6 somethin. On a 800 mile round trip. Drivin like a granny.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Rota: Odometer is off. What tires do you have?

OP: You don't have gauges so you don't have any idea what fuel pressure is. You have stock lift pump so your fuel supply is likely insufficient. You have an EZ and new new VP. Perhaps you should buy the fuel system sooner rather than later in an attempt to avoid another $1,000 VP.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Boy..That's not much of a 5th wheel, 700lbs. mine weighs 13 times that.:shock:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Maybe Imperial gallon... 14 mpg towing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.