Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List your programmer and what kind of mileage you get, hp, torque, etc. straight stats, don't rant about how yours is the best cuz most of the people that do that have never tried any other programer. This is to compile a list of stats for people who want real answers instead of manufacturer claims.

If you are using anything with your programer list it also please.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,443 Posts
edge ez - saw an instant increase of about 2 mpg on level 2
do not know what hp increase, however, the butt dyno advises that there
was a decent increase in hp and torque.

not using anything else.

·
Registered
93 Posts
bullydog triple dog my over head says 22.5 but hand calculated it like 19. only other thing i have done is straidhted piped. i also am unsure about the numbers of hp and tq but there is definetly see a increase in both

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Edge Juice with Attitude. See about 50 extra mpg's when coasting downhill and an extra ton of black smoke. I always use LDL addative. Really though I don't think I gained more than 1 mpg cause I have 4.10's and a heavy foot.

·
Registered
71 Posts
banks six gun, saw no improvement in mpg, definetley felt more power, but i want more. egts never go above 1200

·
Registered
277 Posts
This is a bit long, but i thought it might be informitive. Started off with the Edge Juice w/ Attitude. Definite power increase, MPG went up 1.5ish on setting 3/5, and even on 5/5 EGT's weren't bad. I then stacked with a Diablo Puck and the bottm end woke up, EGT's not horribly bad. The Puck by itself was mostly unnoticeable, no MPG increase noticed. Traded in the Puck for a Quad Race box with a fuel only tune (pre X2). Bottom end of the Juice really woke up, but EGT's on WOT were too high with both boxes turned up. Set the Juice on 3/1 and the Quad on 1 and saw almost 2 MPG's. Added the Diablo Predator to the mix. Power was awesome, but EGT's were way outta control, no matter how they were stacked. The Diablo was just used for when I knew I was gonna race somebody. Then I upgraded to the Hot Juice. Felt alot like the Diablo RKL tune, but a bit smoother over all. The Juice had less smoke than the RKL, but a bit less bottom end too. The EGT's on the hot Juice were cooler, but still got up to 1450 awefully fast. I now have the Smarty with the Revo TNT set on #7, TQ 3, Timing 2, RP 2, shift defuel and wastegate stock. It runs harder, faster, and way smoother than ever before. I may turn it down to #5 to lessen any wear and tear. Oh yeah, the X2 is on 1 with a fuel only tune also. One tank of fuel gone and I'm at right around 18 MPG's. I think the Juice, X2, or the Predator would of been fine EGT wise by itself, but when stacked I needed some extra turbo. It was fun playin around with them all, but I now kinda wish I just started with a Smarty:peelout

·
Registered
483 Posts
I run a Smarty Jr. I saw a 1.5 mpg increase. I average 17.1 to 18.2 if I keep rpm's under 2000. I use Power Service additive or Howe's in every tank. My EGT's never go over 1200 even when I tow my horse trailer. The ol' butt dyno says it will boogie on down the road pretty darn good !!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Running the X2 on 3 right now. Seen about 1.5-2 mpg increase and a nice bump in the butt. Its a nice intro box and stacks very well from what Ive seen. That is the main reason I bought it first, and it was cheap in the deal I got.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Have a smarty on sw#3. Way to much fun. My son calls my truck Race Truck now. I haven't seen a mpg increase, but that is probably my fault. If I learned to use less petal i am sure i would do a lot better

Get a smarty you wont be sorry!!!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have van aakens don't have any power numbers for ya it is 0-5 or 0-6 level don't know never used more than the 3rd level. don't have money for a clutch yet lol but on level 3 I can get 40 psi out of her.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
everything you see in my sig(but did not have the TNT/R) got me 23.8 m.p.g. on a 650 mile one way trip.keepin' the truck under 2,000 r.p.m. the truck runs smooth.smarty and i won't part:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The 1st tank with the mods in my sig I got a pathetic 14.8. Mostly city. This tank seems to be a lot better but we'll see. Oh, and I've got 285/70s on stock wheels. Also use Stanadyne Performance Additive.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Smarty Jr set on 70 here,increased power and mileage. Im not a big fan of the smoke show taking off from a stop light though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
spectrecide, good thread and well worded.I'm also interested in the same info for my 04.5. Mileage is the key factor and a little HP never hurts but I'm curious if anyone has had any issues with the Dodge service department with an Edge, Quad or Smarty unit? Has anyone had any experience with the Edge, Quad or MADS customer service and if so was it good or bad? Thanks :beer

·
Registered
476 Posts
Smarty jr on 100hp software all the time since december of last year. I picked up a half mpg with jr. Had an xzt tow chip on before that, so it did a half mpg better than what the xzt was doing. My stock mpg numbers were in the toilet about 16 mpg but I was never stock for very long. With good throttle control I almost never roll huge clouds of black smoke but even so I do have a heavy foot. I'm getting a shade under 19mpg now with almost 18,000 miles on the truck which I think is pretty damn good.

·
Registered
383 Posts
programmer in sig
820km on last tank, complete fill from empty so ? on the mileage but my brothers all stock 06 automatic qcab only gets 675 km at best
i have beaten turbo supras, new model year gt mustangs, skylines etc from a dead stop and fifth gear on up, would guess it is at least 150 hp faster (16.8 stock to a 15.0-high 14)
i have many 12 second passes to gauge from =)

·
Diesel Junkie
5,830 Posts
No dyno numbers....I get a bit over 20 with cruise set @73 ( 1950 rpm)

Smarty on #9 and Quad X2 on #2.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sure thing Punchy. I maintain my good mpg's all the way up to 84mph out on the big road. Without od they would drop off really bad around 65mph.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts