Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there tried this yet? I have really gotten tired of having splash gaurds that rip off during the winter from frozen mud and ice and I drive alot of gravel and I'ld hate to chip up my truck from gravel stones so I had the idea of putting linex along the bottom 6 inches or so of my truck. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and has any pictures and how it has worked out for them. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
id like to kno as well. my truck just got fully repainted and they put a gravel strip all the way down the side of the truck, its just like linex, cept color matched. im happy about it

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I am about to do something similar once final exams are done. My doors are rusting out along with spots of rust on the fenders and rockers. I am going to treat all the fenders, doors and rockers with a healthy dose of Rust Bullet, to permanently treat and solve the problematic rust issues that almost always show up. After that I am going use Duplicolour Bedliner on top of the rust bullet. I do hope this will permanently solve any further rust issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking im gonna try it I have a maroon truck and i got alot of black on it allready with window tint and bumpers and rims so im not to worried about it matching the paint. What I am worried about is the linex getting dirty and not washing out completely and staying brown.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What I am worried about is the linex getting dirty and not washing out completely and staying brown.
From what I have learned from observation as well as first hand experience, you are right. I have had a Dakota with Linex Bed liner in the bed. It is a whole lot rougher and has more little pores for dirt to hide. This makes it very hard to get clean. It can be cleaned but it never really turns back to that deep black like when it is new.

My dad didn't like mine, so when he got his pickup repainted he had a company spray in the bed some Rhino liner. It is not as porous. The dirt doesn't stick as well, but it is (in my opinion) not near as good a bed liner as Linex. It gets hard and slightly brittle. Big chunks have come off from impacts that it should have handled with ease. Maybe the company did a bad job spraying it on, I don't know. Regardless, its not so good. Also on the side of the bed He has one part where the stuff is pealing away from the paint.

So long story short, Linex: hard to clean and keep clean, tough. Rhino liner: easy to clean, stays black longer, but weak, brittle, not impact resistant.

I honestly think A maroon truck would look kick awesome with a black "two tone" look from bed liner!
Good luck!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I used a product called Zolatone on the lower part of my dually. It cleans up fairly easy and has been very resistant to chipping. Inexpensive too. If I remember right, a gallon cost me right around $100.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
anyone have any pics of their trucks with line-x'd rockers?? i think its a great idea just dont know how much i would like the look

·
CO President
2,641 Posts
Did it to my brother in laws 06 they even matched the oem dodge silver so it looked like a two tone white and silver. Looked good and worked ok. We had to take it in to be touched up and when they first did it the jackass sprayed it all over the frame and spare tire and whatever else he did not want to mask under the truck. Also he tried toaq8 spray the back of the cab with the bed on and it just piled up on the corners. Make sure the guy knows what he is doing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts