Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Thanksgiving!
Was curious if anyone has coated their entire truck with Line X Ultra. It's smoother then the body armor and looks less rugged but still offers the same protection. Plus you can obviously choose any color you'd want which is a huge plus!
Definitely post some pictures if you have this done!

·
Mike @ Dude's Diesel Performance
251 Posts
I have not done this but looked into it. From what I know the color will fade over a couple years and it’s pretty difficult to clean (it hangs onto the dirt).

Hopefully someone with first hand will chime in

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not done this but looked into it. From what I know the color will fade over a couple years and it’s pretty difficult to clean (it hangs onto the dirt).

Hopefully someone with first hand will chime in
Is that with the Line X Ultra? It being a smoother not as rugged finish I think would prevent it from being hard to clean and it says resistance to fade and UV damage on their site :confused013:

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
if you've ever seen line x or extreme liner being sprayed, closely identical product, you will notice it sprays on almost like powder coat, smooth and glossy. the texture is added after the initial coat(s) by changing the spraying technique. you could absolutely ask an installer to spray smoother or more aggressive to almost no texture at all.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received a quote from a local line x installer and it was around 12k... definitely didn’t expect it to be that much.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
what the hell? that's insane

·
Registered
295 Posts
I received a quote from a local line x installer and it was around 12k... definitely didn’t expect it to be that much.
Holy crap! Jut think how many new paint jobs you could get for that much $$.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay good to know it isn't just me that thinks that price is ridiculously high.. Bummer though, really wanted to get it done..

·
Registered
9,049 Posts
I’ve barely owned my truck for 1 1/2 years and the “smooth” line x in my truck bed is already fading.

Doesn’t matter if it’s textured or rough, it will fade. Best bet is to pick a color that fades well..

Like silver..or grey..or silver..

·
Registered
399 Posts
I just looked into this and ran a thread in the 12V section. I found out that only some Line-x shops do the Ultra as it requires different equipment. They told me that it starts at $5,000 but for my 96 it would be closer to $8-9k range. Then I would have had to drive 100 miles to get it done.
Will just get the rocker panels done now. That is around $7-8 hundred.
It did sound like a good idea until I got the price. lol

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
i did my rockers with raptor liner myself. stuff is pretty good. as for the line x, those prices are nuts

Reactions: dillonjm

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it sounded like a good idea to me as well until i was smacked in the face with the price tag haha. Crazy that it would cost that much. I had the non ultra line x on my last truck (rocker panels) and it held up pretty nice but was more of the rugged rough look.
I don't know if you had the Ultra in yours Nick but apparently its geared more towards full body application.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts