Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01' 2500 dark blue with two tone silver at the bottom. I wanted to get the line-x rockers done but they want almost a grand to color match so i was thinkin about doing black at the bottom and covering up the silver thats already there? Anyone have a blue truck with line-x'd rockers?? So i can see some pictures and decide if i would like it or not...or anyone really good with photoshop so that they could get the sivler to be black? Basicly I just want to know if im going to like the way it looks before i shell out the 700 bucks. Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just letting you guys know...i took my truck into the body shop yesterday to have some of the rust on the bottom of the doors fixed and a little that had come up under the fender flare on the left front fender.....well when i went in there i said oh what the heck take all four of the fender flares off just to make sure its all okay under there..(they were the chrome strips that go over the wheel wells not fender flares sorry) ANYWAY WHAT A MISTAKE!!!!!:thud: my bill went up a GRAND. I was going to be 698 out the door now im at 1,741 out the door....god why would dodge even put those damn chrome strips on there...were driving rust buckets! :rant: okay now im done and i feel better but i have to say rust blows...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah...i would tend to agree the problem was the dealer screwed in the chrome strips and didn't do anything to seal the holes they drilled (which were right into the body) and that started all of the rust. But try proving that to them...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just had Inferno red color matched Line-x done to my rockers last week. ran me 650. worth every penny. now i dont have to worry about rock chips..... damn idaho chipseal roads............

·
Registered
675 Posts
I did it to mine. I was very leery of it at first, but now I couldnt be happier. It looks great and now I dont get rock chips from my 40" tires.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
color matched for 650 that's a hell of a deal they wanted 950 + tax for color match here in Ohio

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btw get vert your truck is awesome I can't tell real well in ur av. buy is it black? I'm trying to figure out how my drk blue truck is gonna look with the black line-x at the bottom, opinions?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Wow! Those seem like awful high prices. I used to work at a Line-X in south Texas and I'm pretty sure my old boss would do it for less.

By the way, I'm planning to get my rockers sprayed too. I think it looks awesome!:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Bluhawk, welcome to the joys of living in the salt belt!!! Where do you live at in Ohio? I know that if you hit up the big city Line-X dealers, they're alot cheaper. I really want to do mine. Maybe we could get a discount if we do them both??!!!

Also, those chrome strips over your wheelwell, are not from Chrysler. Someone put them on.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Self Line X

My buddys work for an armor company and they had ordered a huge spray kit with all the materials, over sprayed a test set of targets and didn't like it, so now we've got all this spray on thatll go to waste. Anybody have any experience doing it themselves? Could it be a true Line X kit or just a rip off, or does it matter? We're doin my buddys boat but I'm a little more hesitant about my truck. But then again it's free!

Ricketts:beer

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hot Stuff, I live in Dayton, well in a suburb of Dayton. Yeah I went to line-x of Dayton and that was the price I was given, and trust me i've lived in the salt belt all my life, rust just sucks when it happens to you. Anyway, the chrome strips were dealer installed options but they weren't a "dodge" item. The previous owner, who was the first owner said they had been on there since the day he bought it which im sure helped the rust out a lot. Anyway lemme know where ur from and maybe they will cut us a double deal im lookin to get it done soon tho, within the next weekish?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I won't be able to for a little bit. Sorry. But I was told that the Line-X in Columbus was way cheaper than anywhere up here where I am (straight north of Columbus about 1.5 hrs).

·
Registered
2 Posts
What about fading over time? I had a rhino spray in and it faded after a couple of years. I'm not worried about a bedliner fading but I would hate to pay that kind of money and have the rockers fade. Has anybody had a problem with rockers fading?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
That's because you got a Whino liner. They tend to fade. The Line-X doesn't.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys...here are a few pics of the color match line-x all finished up. Turned out great no complaints.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
keeping in mind...this is what she looked like the day i brought her home.

I think it looks 100x better now...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like they did a great job. Looks awsome!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts