Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, sorry for the long post. My name is Cody, new to the forums but having some electrical issues I'm guessing. 2012 4500 service truck, had it out on a job site, needed a 40amp fuse (the big square style) removed it from the power seat location. Went to leave, started truck put in reverse and had no gear. Shut the truck off started back up and noticed the trans temp light would flicker along with the gear indicator display flickering. Put it in gear and it about threw me through the seat. It's currently stuck in 3rd and throwing a U0101 code. Had the TIPM replaced about a month ago due to other issues. Anyone else had a similar issue? Kind of stumped.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Truck is losing communication with TCM. That’s what that code means. Take a look at the big connector right under the truck against the inner rocker where your footwell is. That harness travels up the wheel well behind the fender liner and is known to get rub throughs on the fender liner. I’ve fixed a couple with this issue having the same symptoms as you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts