Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2001 dodge ram 4x4

New TC and VB.

Truck started off in third and seems to be in limp mode from what I have read. Codes are p1762 and p1763.

Due to the common governor issue - the guys are sending me a new VB with new governor sensor.

Can someone explain to me a bit more about limp mode - and if I disconnect my batteries will this clear the codes and get me out of limp mode or not ?

thanks

·
Registered
712 Posts
if its like mine its just the governer pressure sensor and solenoid are bad and correct me if im wrong but limp mode would come from the MAP sensor and not the trans?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any other thoughts guys ??

·
Registered
275 Posts
um it deffinatly sounds like a governor selonoid to me

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah - they are sending a new VB with new solenoid/electronics etc

Anyone got more info on what limp mode is ?
eg

Why does it go into limp mode ?

Can you clear limp mode my disabling -ve battery cables ?

Heard high line pressure can do this - then - thats what shift kits do is increase the line pressure so ??

I have heard and someone mentioned a voltage regulator - any details/info ?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I didnt theink they had a limp mode. I was told that if you lose line pressure the tranny impoldes.

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
tranny limp mode= transducer not seeing pressure change in compliance with signal to GPS.
You reset count on disconnect. If problem still present, limp will come back.
Someone figured how to raise line pressure and fool the computer at same time. Generally a resistor required in wiring to aid the lie.
volatge regulator controls charging pressure to batteries. Someone makes a voltage fooler for the Governor pressure transducer (??????????).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts