Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a "92 250 2wd. auto with just over 220k miles. Lately when I take a corner slowly I hear a slight rumble coming from the differential. I took it to a shop about six months ago, where they told me it was the limited slip differential clutches. They replaced the fluid with synthetic, and put in an additive. This seemed to help for a while but now the noise us back.
Do I need to do something soon, or is this something that you can live with for a while without causing more serious damage to other parts? Would it be a costly repair?

·
Banned
400 Posts
You Want it Fixed?

Just depends on whether or not you want it fixed. Since you changed the oil most of the old clutch debris is gone so it will probably run like that for quite awhile. Just no LS, act like an open diff. It may even quiet down after the clutches are completely gone. Wouldn't hurt to change the oil again to remove all the old clutch junk after it comes to that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It will probably go for quite a while like that, but you can start looking for a used carrier in the mean time, or an axle for that matter.

Or you can just weld all that crap together :w:

Chris

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
just weld it up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts