Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going down the road, and my abs and brake light will flash for like a second, then go off, this is the second time it has done it in 2 months, what will cause it to do that, i know there are several things, what could it possibly be, any suggestion will be appreciated, thanks in advanced...

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Hey smoke, check your wheel bearings...I had one flash on me and it was a front bearing going out. It may be worth a shot...

·
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice thinking, i noticed a bump in the steering wheel, and pedal going down the road, not a huge one, but i can tell it wasnt right, how hard are they to change on the third gens, i did one on my old second gen, and it was awful, cause everything is built together... ill check the front of the truck, and see, the tires arent leaning, but it pulls tp the left...

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Let me know, and if I don,t answer the thread send me a pm to let me know what it was...

·
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aight, what else could cause it my master cylinder is good, and im not loosing any brake fluid, and no cel's...

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
What else is happening with the brakes. Does the pedal pulse, does it leak down, is there any chattering, or squealing. Loose wheel bearing could cause problems. If you have any other problems or symptons it would help in diagnosing. THUMP/CLUNK NOISE
Thumping or clunk noises during braking are frequently
not caused by brake components. In many
cases, such noises are caused by loose or damaged
steering, suspension, or engine components. However,
calipers that bind on the slide surfaces can generate
a thump or clunk noise. In addition, worn out,
improperly adjusted, or improperly assembled rear
brake shoes can also produce a thump noise

Have you checked for DTC codes yet. The ABS should store a code. The ABS lights as a result of a bulb test and goes out when it receives a signal from the CAB (Controller Antilock Brake) If it does not get the signal it normally stores a code. Actually the code is stored by the CAB and not the ABS

·
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hang on just a sec and i will check the c codes, and ill let you know...

·
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and it dont pulse, i just get a slight felling in the wheel and pedal when driving, its just like a tap...tap...tap... but you can bearly feel it... what kind of engine compenents will cause that light to go off?

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn: I dunno, but would like to know...:popcorn::popcorn:

·
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the only code i have is overboost, and i get it cause i sent my edge back, it was giving me fits, and i still have the boost elbow, now what about when you hold in the odometer, and you get two numbers, then oo oo is that how many times the key has been turned on?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts