Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is by no means an interesting topic and i am sure most reply's if any will be to check my wiring but i was wondering if anyone has had a problem with the lamp out light flashing and the blinkers acting erratically, and sometimes when I hold my foot in the brake the brake lights do a ............flash.................................flash.............................................flash.........................flash and never fully stay on. I have a Bradford built flatbed and the tail lights have all worked fine before but Ive slowly been having more and more problems. When I usually get a chance to get under the truck and fix things while the truck is sitting its fine and there's no problem so I dont know what the look for until I start driving and get five miles down the road and its back again. Any help would be awesome guys, winters coming soon and Ive gotta figure this out!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Are your taillights LEDs? If so, are there resistors in line to help elevate the power draw? Do you have any moisture in any of the connections? I'd check all connections for any kind of moisture as well as inside the light housings. If you have LEDs and the resistors either aren't working properly or you don't have any that would explain the lamp out indication and possibly the flashing. You brakelamp switch may be going bad too. I don't know what else to tell you. Hope I helped a little.

Reactions: slideandride

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that, there all led's. I have them all coated with dielectric grease to help stop corrosion but maybe Ill pull them all apart and see if that makes a difference. Where would I find my brake lamp switch? Is that a relay under the hood? Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The brakelamp switch is under the dash by the brake pedal. It'll be mounted on a bracket so the plunger for the switch rides on the pedal lever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.