Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to switch out my KC's for some 8in hids. If yall have any pics and suggetions for brands throw them out there:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
IMO the Lightforce can not be beat. Not sure if they have a 8" though, might be 7

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,060 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts

Here is the set up I have 4 - 8" HID PIAA and a KC light bar

·
Registered
479 Posts
hey guys i have two 7 inch HIDS on my truck.. my problem is every time i turn them on my edge monitor turns off and comes back on and then freezes... anyone have this problem??
y is this happening im thinking maybe a heavy amp draw.. anyone know???

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
hey guys i have two 7 inch HIDS on my truck.. my problem is every time i turn them on my edge monitor turns off and comes back on and then freezes... anyone have this problem??

That has happen a few times with us guys that have train horns. You blast the horn the monitor freezes. I also have had the monitor just freeze. Had to turn the truck off and back on.

Electronics for you :confused013:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've got on board air and train horn and it fine it only happens when I turn on the HIDS I took the connection off the battery and put it directly on the altenator with the same results... WTF

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I've got on board air and train horn and it fine it only happens when I turn on the HIDS I took the connection off the battery and put it directly on the altenator with the same results... WTF
I use to get it just driving down the freeway. Would look up @ the monitor and notice the numbers weren't going up and down. You and I aren't the only ones it has happened to. The rest of the features on the module works just not the gauge screen. It just stays frozen.

As said Stupid Electronics :banghead:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Heavy amp draw should be fairly easy to run down however if the edge isn't freezing up when the grid heaters kick on (can't think of much that draws more power than those) then I would look elsewhere for the problem.

In the case of a HID lamps you might be getting some of the high frequency AC that runs the lamps back on the DC side and the Edge might not like that, shouldn't be too difficult to run down with a scope if that is the case.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Heavy amp draw should be fairly easy to run down however if the edge isn't freezing up when the grid heaters kick on (can't think of much that draws more power than those) then I would look elsewhere for the problem.

In the case of a HID lamps you might be getting some of the high frequency AC that runs the lamps back on the DC side and the Edge might not like that, shouldn't be too difficult to run down with a scope if that is the case.
Well then.... Were can I get my sticky little hands on that kind of scope?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts