Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellas i got a two inch Kore leveling kit with 35 inch toyos, i'm thinking about the RIZE 8 inch lift with 37's. And i have a few questions.:confused013::headbang:

1.)How much slower will my truck be?
2.)How much worse will my mileage be?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
What gears u runnin?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
my mileage has gotten a little bit better after i put 37s under it, but i wasnt getting that great to begin with.but i also have 3:73s

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ill buy your kore kit if you pm me. 37 did actually improve my mileage on the highway because your running less rpms at the same speed. It didnt really slow my truck down much at all either. No where near the effect that it does to a gas motor.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Alright fellas i got a two inch Kore leveling kit with 35 inch toyos, i'm thinking about the RIZE 8 inch lift with 37's. And i have a few questions.:confused013::headbang:

1.)How much slower will my truck be?
2.)How much worse will my mileage be?
I think 8" is a little extreme fpr 37's, you should bre able to fit those with a 4" lift I think.

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
I think 8" is a little extreme fpr 37's, you should bre able to fit those with a 4" lift I think.
If you are never going to have it off the highway,then yes its extreme. But if you get the suspension in a bind off road, you are going to rub if you are running 37s and 4".

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
...depending on the offset..?

Also, the extreme off road trucks by Kore, Lorenz, Thuren etc all have no more than 3 or 4' lift.

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
true, wheel back spacing has something to do to it. But if you read on the Lorenz website, it says to fit 37s if requires fender trimming or fiberglass quarter panel replacement because the tires will rub.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you guys are saying it would be better to go with a four or five inch lift with 37's??

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Love my rize kit, no complaints. The traction bars really set it apart from others. The steering i think is better than stock, I have 20" Ion terminators and 37" Toyo M/T's not a problem yet, i have 4:10 gearing so my mileage was not that great to begin with, but turning 37's with the 4:10 iam at 20mpg in town! Thats with the XRT and MP8. Very happy with the kit Its pricy a lil 0ver $5000.00 for wheels, tires, lift, and Traction Bars. Installed it with a buddy it was fairly straight forward.

Personally this is what i think lifts look good at.

Regular cab = Leveling kit with 33's
Quad Cab short bed = 2" lift with 35's
Quad Cab long bed = 8" lift with 37's
Mega cab short bed = 8" lift with 37's
Mega Cab Long bed = 10" lift with 40's

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fellas i think i got it narrowed down to the Rize 8", Superlift 6", or the BDS 6", which of these would you reccomend, and are there others that should be considered...:confused013::buttkick::yourock:

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
Fellas i think i got it narrowed down to the Rize 8", Superlift 6", or the BDS 6", which of these would you reccomend, and are there others that should be considered...:confused013::buttkick::yourock:
I think the Rize and Superlift are good lifts. I'm not sure abour the BDS, never been around those. Others on here will say go Thuren or Lorzenz because they don't like the "mass produced" lifts.

Myself('07), my brother('07), and my uncle('05) all have the 6" superlift rockrunner, and none of us have ever had a problem :headbang:

I have nothing bad to say about Superlift. Customer service is great. You can talk to them and they will answer your questions honestly. Maybe I am a little biased towards them though since I am friends with the guy who founded Superlift back in the 80s.

However, like I said before, if I had to do it over again, I would probably go with the Rize for the added ride height and heavy duty looking bracketry.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
I think the Rize and Superlift are good lifts. I'm not sure abour the BDS, never been around those. Others on here will say go Thuren or Lorzenz because they don't like the "mass produced" lifts.

I don't think that's the case at all.
Thuren, Carli, Lorenz and Kore are not really "lift kits", they're more geared towards soft sprung long travel suspension systems to soak up the bumps so you can go a lot faster with jarring your fillings loose. Complete systems are about $7k and up though, way outa my league.

I think the commercial lift kits are just that, lift kits with big stiff springs and/or blocks to get it up there as cheaply as possible without too much concern about ride quality.

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
I think the commercial lift kits are just that, lift kits with big stiff springs and/or blocks to get it up there as cheaply as possible without too much concern about ride quality.
I have to disagree with this. Other than a little more body roll going around high speed, tight turns, the ride of my lifted 07 is the same as my stock 06. You can get out of one and into the other and not tell a difference in ride quality. That being said, if you are looking for a plush ride, sell the dodge and go get a duramax. You will give up the solid front axle, but be very comfy while doing it.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
That's what I mean, your lifted truck rides the same as my stock truck, in other words it rides like crap. Going down logging roads or off road you need to take it very slow, with the big buck systems you could go twice the speed you or I would be crawling along at.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complainiing about my ride, I bought a 1 ton fully expecting a stiff ride and I'm willing to live with it.
If I was rich with no mortgage and no debts I'd deffinately go for a Lorenz or Thuren system though...

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
Gotchya :thumbsup:

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
37" fitment is highly dependent apon the brand tire. TOYOs tend to be the larges 37, while some of my customers have gotten away with stuffing 37 BFG AT and MT's with out issue.

I'm building a 3500 Chassis Cab right now for the new in house rig, and we'll be trying to stuff 37's TOYOs under it with out a lift. A full airbag rear suspension should pull around 12-13" of travel. We're design a coil that will allow a full 10" of travel up front, with out lifting the truck 3" like our other Systems do.
Yeah the 37" BFGs actually measure 35" The 33s I had on my toyota measured 31. I don't get why BFG is like that :confused013: Toyo's 37s are actually 37"

You should keep us updated on the build-up of your C/C! Lets see some pictures!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.