Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2inch Tuff Country lift. 2" coil spacers up front and 1.5" add a leafs in back. Also got a bds trac bar bracket to keep stuff in line. And the adjustable sway bar end links from tuff country. Has any one used any of this equipment, and have any input on them. this truck is driven daily, 45 min to work and 45 min back home. Mostly getting lifted for looks, and a little tire and ground clearance. This truck tows sometimes, and moderate off road use.

Thanks,

2004 ram 2500 4x4 QC SB, HO, 4.10, Auto

·
Registered
121 Posts
ya its good stuff. i know with my add-a-leafs they weren't the size they say, sag bad, but there also 4" not 1.5", if your going for just a level lifted look you can just skip the add-a-leaf, most people use them for towing and you will pretty much be siting at the same rake just 2inches higher, cause stock your truck sits 2 3/8" lower than the back, so that with the weight of the trailer it levels with the front for stability when towing, if your just driving and barely towing i would just throw the spacers in the front and call it good.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok any input on the Trac bar bracket I am getting mconfused and mixed responses. I cant afford to use a adjustable trac bar right now, will have to wait several months. As far as steering correction i know i wil have to get allingment and correct the drag link what else should i do, or be worried about? Wouldn't installing trac bar bracket be the same as installing a longer trac bar? If i leave it factory does it cause any premature wear, as I would not be able to purchase a longer adjustable trac bar for several months?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my '04 3500, I ran the Skyjacker leveling coils and replacement control arms up front with Rancho RS9000 shocks front and rear. Even though I didn't do anything with the trackbar, the truck still handled and drove just fine. The only time I had a "death wobble" issue was after the Ranchos wore out, which was less than 10K miles....:mad:. I replaced the shocks with another brand and never had the issue again.

Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts