Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah... I know... Bad idea... But lets see it.

Want to know just how much room there is.

Thinking I may need to get a trailer custom made with a few extra inches of arch. :S:

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone????

· Banned
1,096 Posts
my buddys dad, pulls a gooseneck with his 06 qd cab LB lifted 3in on 35s.

ill see if i can snap a pic when its hooked up

· Registered
392 Posts
mine isnt really lifted but run bigger tires and sometimes I really have to watch the way I go out my drive way or the horizontal part will come really close to hitting the top of the box,with in a couple inches or less. I may end up extending the verticals and then drop the hitch down cuz most of the are adujustable. Either way the gooseneck is the way to go for sure.

· Registered
578 Posts
7.5 inches front and back, no problems. The added leverage from the longer shackles makes it squat a little more. I will be adding add a leafs, so that should help.

· Registered
896 Posts
Get a LOAD-TRAIL Gooseneck. My buddy has one and I pulled it with 8" and 40's no problem. They have one of the tallest necks I think. Chris
This was with 5" lift and 35's. They coupler still went up 3 more inches and I had like foot from the next to the top of my tail gate. Chris

· Registered
1,650 Posts

· Registered
1,650 Posts
It can hold a lot, I dont pull it that often with my truck, we have a 5500 to do the towing, but occasionally I gotta move the bobcat and what not. We have a couple other smaller gooseneck trailers but they are on the farm, 1200km away.

here is the 5500

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Mattiac!

Your truck is setup almost the same as mine.

Well, same lift and tire size anyway. lol.

· Bangin' through the gears
5,521 Posts
It can hold a lot, I dont pull it that often with my truck, we have a 5500 to do the towing, but occasionally I gotta move the bobcat and what not. We have a couple other smaller gooseneck trailers but they are on the farm, 1200km away.

here is the 5500

That makes a ton more sense now :thumbsup: I just checked out one of those 4500 or 5500's the other day......way different drivetrain. Fawker's are stout!

· 06 Cummins
2,899 Posts
thats a big trailer!

· Banned
1,096 Posts
he told me that trailer weighed 9k empty!!!! :shock:

· Registered
1,650 Posts
Thanks Mattiac!

Your truck is setup almost the same as mine.

Well, same lift and tire size anyway. lol.
lol, im just missing 400HP!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.