Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been researchin for a week or so.

I have 06 mega cab 2500 ... stock.

My questions are what size lift do I need for 35's or 37's???

And will I need a custom bumper to prevent rubbing on 37's?

Also How will this effect towing?? :confused013:

Thanks much for your knowledge sharing...

·
Registered
586 Posts
4.5-6", rubbing depends on your wheel backspacing.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
You can fit 35's with practically no lift/level kit, and 37's with as little as 2.5" or so....... it all comes down to getting wheels with proper BS.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The basic rule of thumb is 4in for 35's and 6in for 37's if you don't want to change anything and you can go with about any BS. you can fit those tires with smaller lifts but you'll want to do some more research and modifications; bumpers, fenders and wheel wells.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
you can fit those tires with smaller lifts but you'll want to do some more research and modifications; bumpers, fenders and wheel wells.
Or get wheels with proper BS and you won't have to worry about modding (which is a fancy word for cutting) the bumpers, fenders, and wheel wells.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The basic rule of thumb is 4in for 35's and 6in for 37's if you don't want to change anything and you can go with about any BS. you can fit those tires with smaller lifts but you'll want to do some more research and modifications; bumpers, fenders and wheel wells.

That may be the basic rule of thumbs for other trucks but not for 3rd gen Dodges.

I ran 35's with no lift and no rubbing after minor trimming of the plastic air dam. I'm running 37s now with 2-1/2" of lift and no rubbing, even when stuffed so hard the bump stops look like they're going to pop. It just takes the right wheel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can fit 35's with practically no lift/level kit, and 37's with as little as 2.5" or so....... it all comes down to getting wheels with proper BS.

:hehe::BS:
you must have a alot of proper BS I have a 08 2500 with a 2.5 level kit and 35 bfg mud T/A KM2s and they rub alot they tore my air dam loose on the corner a little bit and caught my fender by the cab and buckled it just a tad not really noticeably lots of noise i heard what the h*ll is that noise ALOT lesson learned get a bigger lift

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
:hehe::BS:
you must have a alot of proper BS I have a 08 2500 with a 2.5 level kit and 35 bfg mud T/A KM2s and they rub alot they tore my air dam loose on the corner a little bit and caught my fender by the cab and buckled it just a tad not really noticeably lots of noise i heard what the h*ll is that noise ALOT lesson learned get a bigger lift
You sound almost intelligent enough to comprehend what BS is and how it affects tire fitment, so why don't you do some research before you make an even bigger a$$ of yourself. And I'm assuming your reading skills are almost as good as your tire/wheel knowledge, 'cause you seem to have missed ptgarcia's post where he's running 37's with the same 2.5" of lift that you couldn't manage to run 35's without damaging your truck........ gee, maybe he's running wheels with the proper BS.

But hey, your lack of knowledge about your truck is cleverly disguised by your creative use of emoticons..... :thumbsup:

BTW, why don't you post in titan0454's thread and tell him how it's not possible that he's running 35's with just those little old Carli coils without causing damage to his truck like you did....... and while your posting, why don't you take a look at the BS of the wheels he's running.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You sound almost intelligent enough to comprehend what BS is and how it affects tire fitment, so why don't you do some research before you make an even bigger a$$ of yourself. And I'm assuming your reading skills are almost as good as your tire/wheel knowledge, 'cause you seem to have missed ptgarcia's post where he's running 37's with the same 2.5" of lift that you couldn't manage to run 35's without damaging your truck........ gee, maybe he's running wheels with the proper BS.

But hey, your lack of knowledge about your truck is cleverly disguised by your creative use of emoticons..... :thumbsup:

BTW, why don't you post in titan0454's thread and tell him how it's not possible that he's running 35's with just those little old Carli coils without causing damage to his truck like you did....... and while your posting, why don't you take a look at the BS of the wheels he's running.
:lol4:

Ya gotta do your homework.

·
Registered
49 Posts
well i cant say i have the perfect bs on my wheels but it gives it a good looking stance my 95 has the right bs for 35s and it dosent look as good

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am in. Carli starter kit with 20x9 5.71 bs on 35x12.5.20 Toyo M/T Absoulutly NO RUB!!! Thanks to CF members did my homework and still think it looks sick!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I am in. Carli starter kit with 20x9 5.71 bs on 35x12.5.20 Toyo M/T Absoulutly NO RUB!!! Thanks to CF members did my homework and still think it looks sick!

Good looking Mega! Once you get the whole wheel BS thing down, there's no big mystery to running bigger tires without a big lift.

See you over on DTX! :headbang:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the input!

I still have questions on towing, how will 35" or 37"s effect towing??

OH AND THAT TRUCK IS FREAKIN' SICK, BAD MAN!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Thanks for all the input!

I still have questions on towing, how will 35" or 37"s effect towing??

OH AND THAT TRUCK IS FREAKIN' SICK, BAD MAN!
That will depend on your gearing ,power and weight being pulled.
I tow with both 35 AT's and 37 MT's depending on where I am going and what I will be doing when I get there

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Picts

Can you post up some picts??

I am stressin!:banghead:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
37's Glamis trip

35's Hi elevation mtn trip

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey titan its awesome to see your neighbor has almost the same wheels as your new ones but they look really good

those are sick glamis pic though

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah i have the copy cat neighbor.

I can't wait until he trys to tow his big ol boat after lifting that ford gasser. He will be asking me about diesels in no time i am sure!:lol4:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts