Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Lift Questions

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  royalnine 
#1 ·
I am looking to lift my 06 2500 with Either an 8" rize kit or a 8" long arm kit off ebay, but I also plan on running a 3" body lift on top of that. With that in mind can i clear 44" boggers ? whats teh biggest i can fit and not rub?
Thanks,
Bobby

#2 ·
well you might wana do some searching on here for body lifts many say that its bad for motors and its also a pain in the :butt: to install it took pretty much an entire day to put the body lift on... and 8" im not sure if you can clear 44"s without rubbing LIKE CRAZY... somebody correct me if im wrong?

#3 ·
well i know i cant with just an 8" but with a 3" body lift... i wasnt sure...
i've installed a few body lifts and have yet to meet one that wasnt somehow a pain but its part of life :)

#4 ·
O i've installed body lifts on gas trucks before nota big deal but putting a body lift on a diesel requires a lil more time and effort... .. I am skeptical if you can clear 44's even with the 3" body without rubbing I may be wrong... but your fender wells will be FULL thats for sure... most guys that have a 8" are running 37's or around there

#5 ·
depends on wheel width if you'd ask me... a lot of these guys ive seen with a 38-40 on a 12" wide wheel.... on my play toy i have 40's on a 12 wide.... they rub at full lock... i slapped my buddies 44's on a 9 wide on and they did not rub.... to me, its always easier to fit height that it is width...

#6 ·
It took my about 5 years to finish my other truck... ended up piecing a lift together with what i thought was the best from each company... If you find a long arm set-up you like see if you can order just the arm kit and maybe check into getting the full-throttle 10" coils...

#11 ·
hmm

Yeah true i could try piecing together a lift.. hmm I really am open to wondering how much tire you can fit under 11" of lift. Believe me i'd go bigger than that if i knew the 1 ton axles under my o6 could hold em but i think they'd snap under anything bigger than a 44... and I do plan on boggin it a little here and there mainly for show off and company promotion... so a 12" wheel 4.5 in backspacing... 44" boggers can it be done on an 8 inch suspension + 3 inch body... thats the million dollar question.

#12 ·
Yeah true i could try piecing together a lift.. hmm I really am open to wondering how much tire you can fit under 11" of lift. Believe me i'd go bigger than that if i knew the 1 ton axles under my o6 could hold em but i think they'd snap under anything bigger than a 44... and I do plan on boggin it a little here and there mainly for show off and company promotion... so a 12" wheel 4.5 in backspacing... 44" boggers can it be done on an 8 inch suspension + 3 inch body... thats the million dollar question.
suspensions is my thing...heres the deal you can take the 8" rize kit if you would like and add 3" coil spacers for the front end, and that will give you aruond 10" for the front,
then for the rear add-a-leafs and with blocks they provide, with some custom drop brackets that are not to hard to make will give you about 9 to 10 for the rear then if you add the 3"
it could come out to be 11"s even but i am shooting you short of the 11 just in case
then add the 3" body lift to give you around 13-14"s roughly
the last thing that i am pretty sure will make the 44"s clear and not scrub is drill 2 holes in your fenders, then take a zip tie for each hole and zip them back, so therefore you have not cut your fenders
it will be a close call with that route though, and in my opinion and experience of building trucks its a cheap way to go but it gets the job of clearing the tires

my personal opinion is make a custom kit if you are going to run larger than 40" tires but i know there are a few kits out there that are not too pricey that you can mix together and come out with as large of a lift as you want

shoot me a pm if you want more info

#13 ·
#17 ·
My Rize kit just got here, probably install in a couple of weeks-nobody tolld me the kit would weigh 500 lbs.-what I don't understand is how people are running 37's with 4" and 4.5" kits and my TRUE 8" kit won't clear a 40" tire? One other thing, the shocks are white-can't stand them, anybody have any clues on how to properly paint them, do they need high temp paint? I was thinking gray or black. And where can I find shock boots for sale? Thanks

#19 ·
I find it hard to believe that a narrow 40 wont fit on a 8" rize kit. I fit 37 12.50s on my truck with the stock rims and 3" spacer. I believe they would have fit stock. Rubbed controls some. I added the 4.5" lift when I went to the aftermarket wheels as they had a wide offset and put the tire way into the fender. I have seen a guy with a 6" top gunz lift run 38 15.50's nitto grapplers and they only rub the control arms. I feel 100% confident you could throw a 40 under and rize kit and have no fender issues. You may have the tires kissing the control arms but that would be it. How do you fit a 37 under that small of lift you ask? You have to try it! No one thinks it will work so they dont do it. But my pics prove it : )

#20 ·
Wheel width and backspacing are as important of a factor as lift when you are going to try and get big tires on.

If you put on big tires and not a lot of lift and you have a 4.5" or less backspaced wheel then you can count on tearing off the bottom rear of your front fenders.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.