Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i need some help.. i was lookin at lift pumps and wanted to know if the ppe pump was a good pump or if i should just go with the AD or Fass?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i would go with ad or fass. both have proven themselves and have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i know but the ppe is only like 225 and it is 160 gph pump where ad or fass is 150 for 499?

·
Registered
202 Posts
hey man. I went out and bought a holley blue lp and got the big line kit from vulcan performance, and I paid abour 300 dollars and spent 3 hours tops putting it in, and it works just as good as any other fass or airdog.

IMO the PPE seems too cheap. If you arent interested in a holley (which like i said works EXCELLENT FOR ME, and I have buddies with them) then I believe FASS makes a MOPAR STOCK replacement LP which is about 220 new, but you would as well need the BIg Line Kit from vulcan performance. Holley blues new run aroun 180, or if you get a black a little more. (the blue pump isnt "rated" for diesel, but works, but the black is rated for diesels. Also check out EBAY, they are selling holley pumps. Thats where I got my NEW one for 100.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much horse get the holley hold up to because my goal is to get to 500 by the end of the summer.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well, as i said the blue isnt rated for diesel, and I am not sure about the black, but let me tell you this.

Everyone around here running the blue has their truck far from stock.

One of my buddies with the blue has:

a rebuilt transmission, HX 40 turbo, 5 inch exhaust, quad adrenaline, and 200 hp injectors. His truck runs FINE.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah. you know it is at least a thought. I went that way for the sole purpose of saving some money. And if anyone ever says, they break you have to buy new ones, they are wrong. you can actually take the pump apart and rebuild them.

I think it is way worth it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
idk i never hear anything bad about ppe actually i have they are too crazy and too extreme so idk im going threw the same thing but when i hear holly i think of gas and everyone here know that they r not the same at all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts