Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having problems with my truck for a while. Had one mechanic tell me it was my throttle position sensor and other saying it was my air intake heater. TO make a long story short i found out no power was going to my intake heater, but a switch on it until i can trace down the wires. Then it start dying on me, talked to a guy who works at Cummings in Columbus, In . clogged injectors, put a gallon of transmission fluid in tank and it rain better then ever but was still having problematic starting. Check my left pump and doesnt look like it is pumping. I am wanting to get away from the lift pump all together. Can i just put a electric pump inline and will it work. I work at Advanced Auto and they sell a inline fuel pump for my truck. I do not know enough to know if it will work. Thanks

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I had a similar problem. My truck would start up weird and start rev'ing itself to keep going. Finally got to the point where it wouldnt start, and I noticed that I couldn't hear the lift pump kicking on when I would turn my key. Decided to get the airdog and be done with it, installing it today, I'll let you know how it worked out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, my life pump is out. I am getting aways from the life pump all together. Right now i am putting in a inline fuel pump. On the frame. Next time it goes out i am planning on putting a pump in the tank. Everyone i talk to say they last a lot longer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Guys! Please pay attention to your post placement. This is for p pump conversions only!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I put the airdog on today. Dont bother with lift pumps anymore, this works way better and can handle other power upgrades. I even noticed it shifting better on the way home (not sure if this is common or if I'm just imagining things)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.