Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where (how) are you guys installing a sensor for lift pump pressure? A search of this site didn't give me a straight answer in the 3rd gen forum. Thanks, QCD

·
Registered
204 Posts
i have mine right before the cp3 after the stock and my secondary fuel filter so i know the exact pressure going into the cp3. i used a grease gun hose to move the filter away from the engine to limit shaking.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I installed my lift pump psi sensor in-line between my added filtration and the CP3 under the hood. This location was easy because it was rubber hose and easy to tap in the sensor (I used this Inline 3/8 Dia. Fuel Pressure Tee-Geno's Garage). Regardless, you want to install it just before the CP3 for the most accurate reading.

If you are running a complete stock set up, you can run this http://www.genosgarage.com/BANJO-BOLT-TAPPED-89-93-985-07-59L/productinfo/BF%2DLONG%2DTAPPED/#.VLhwi0uaJuY to replace the banjo bolt on the inlet fuel line on the CP3.

EDIT: And yes, run the sensor off a grease gun hose to limit vibes as mentioned. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,620 Posts
Easiest way to install a pressure sensor is a tapped banjo bolt on the CP-3 inlet. Install the sensor onto a grease gun hose then the hose on the banjo bolt to keep the vibes form killing the electronic sensor.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found the tapped banjo bolt, snubber and relocation hose setup. Got it headed this way. Since my added a fuel filters are on the frame, I was looking to monitor pressure closer to the cp. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Easiest way to install a pressure sensor is a tapped banjo bolt on the CP-3 inlet. Install the sensor onto a grease gun hose then the hose on the banjo bolt to keep the vibes form killing the electronic sensor.
I've got the Jacobs vacuum pump hovering over the cp3. Will having it on the other end at the factory filter be good?

·
Premium Member
15,620 Posts
I've got the Jacobs vacuum pump hovering over the cp3. Will having it on the other end at the factory filter be good?
As long as it is on the outlet side of the fuel filter housing you should be fine. You might need a streel L in the banjo bolt to add the extension hose to it easily.

·
Registered
157 Posts
hy,

how many miles can take a lift pump in tank for the 2005 models before starting to make problems? . I have like 180k miles on my truck and really need a reliable truck I go remote places
thanks
incognito

·
Registered
15 Posts
I, too, use a tapped banjo bolt at the CP3 inlet. I ran AN braided hose to a drilled aluminum block on the firewall. The block has a fuel-pressure switch and a tap/pressure-test port for bleeding the system after filter changes. If I had a permanent fuel-pressure gauge the sender would screw into the aluminum block.

You can really put a pressure tap anywhere between the CP3 inlet and final-filtration point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts