Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some suggestions. My lift pump began dropping from 16psi to 0 under throttle out of the blue. If I turn the key/truck off and start it again it resets and works fine.... for a while. My initial thoughts were bad ground?? Hit me with thoughts so I can begin looking.... Thanks.:banghead:

Additional info, its a Walbro lift pump on the frame rail.

·
Registered
819 Posts
It is just probably on its way out the door. Just go ahead and get an upraded lift pump. I wouldn't play any games with that factory junk.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not factory, and its <2yrs old.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
How do you have it powered?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
yea thats my thought is maybe a bad voltage regulator or something, is this wired via a relay like the raptor/airdogs? or is it wired straight to the factory harness, i'm thinking it could be pulling too much of a load off the pcm so you are getting a decreased voltage as the regulator starts to overheat.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i would just put an air dog or fass man

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oh! Just saw that it is a Walbro. Yeah, it could be pulling to many amps for the factory harness to handle. Try wiring it into a 50amp realy and pull straight off the battery. Shoud be good to go after that. With your mods you don't "need" an AirDog or FASS, but it is just gives you more peace of mind.

·
Registered
853 Posts
0 psi

Thats what my Raptor was doing. Turned out to be a loose connector on my Draw straw. My Draw straw connector above the fuel tank is a two piece elbow. I tightend it up, and bam!!! All better.
I was sucking air. You might want to check all suction lines, and connectors.

JJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts