Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Lift Pump Help

622 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Explosives87
I just recently bought an 01 the guy who had it before me had a fass 150 and took it off, he said he had a new stock lift pump put on. In the first couple hundred mile I had to put new o-rings in the water seperator valve and a new banjo sealing washer on the bottom of the fuel filter canister(I assume they dried out from not being used due to the fass he had on it). So all was well no fuel leak for about 2500 miles then I had a new leak it was coming from the lift pump so I put new banjo sealing washers on the fittings on it and it is still leaking but I can not tell where it is coming from it is wet underneath the lift pump and drips down from the starter. Anyone have any ideas? Is my lift pump going out? Thanks Aaron
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· On call 24/7
13,768 Posts
Do you have gauges? If not I would dump that junk pump and get a good one back on. Get a fuel pressure gauge on it and if you ever see the original owner again :buttkick: for taking the fass off.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no I don't have any guages, I did forget to mention there is a round electric pump on the frame, you can hear it running when you turn the key on. Is there any other place the lift pump can leak from besides the banjo fittings?

· On call 24/7
13,768 Posts
Im not sure, I wouldnt think so though. What kind of pump is on the frame?

· Registered
375 Posts
mine leaks from return line. might be urs to. dips in same spot.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I have solved my problem, I went ahead and took the pump off and it was leaking around the electrical connection on the botton of the pump.

· Registered
1,219 Posts
My factory lift pump leak out of the bottom of the pump, I knew that it was dying so I went ahead and replace it with something better. beside with factory pump its not will they but when they die.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.