Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to the Dodge. I just traded in a pig of a 2008 SuperDuty 6.4 Diesel. I have a 2006 Mega Cab (Cummins) now that I am running some home brew B50. I want to run some more filtration on it but am not sure what to do. Do I need a aftermarket lift pump like a Air Dog or a FASS or can I just run an inline spin on type filter mounted somewhere between the tank and the filter on the engine? I dont need any more power. The truck pulls my camper and Jeeps fine in stock form. I just want to filter the WVO bio a little better for piece of mind... Any suggestions welcomed.........Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was also wondering about MPG when you install an after market lift pump. Does it burn more fuel? I am considering an Airdog 100 or a FASS. I don't need any more power right now. I just want better filters. After reading all these stories about pumps failing, sitting on the side of the road dosen't appeal to me...Jim

·
Registered
316 Posts
No it doesn't burn more fuel just supplies more fuel when needed to fuel harder. I would definitly go with the fass HPFP. I love mine.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Plus it has a 6 year warranty

·
Registered
167 Posts
The fass is a great system helps the truck a lot. it also pulls the air out of the fuel for a better burn.:peelout

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Personally, I would throw a FASS 150/95 on it. B50can thicken up a bit when it cools off, the FASS has the power to pump it. The larger filters on the 150 pump will allow you to trap more crap that can potentially be in your Bio. Also, the factory lift pump is less than adequate as it is, so you are killing several birds with one stone.

Congrats on the new truck, I am sure you are already seeing a BIG difference with a Cummins!:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
No it doesn't burn more fuel just supplies more fuel when needed to fuel harder. I would definitly go with the fass HPFP. I love mine.
I love my fass it's great.:hyper:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many thanks guys. How hard are they to install? I am fair with the tools. I assume I can do it in the driveway...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not hard just basic tools needed.I done mine in front of my fifth wheel one afternoon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts