Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What r u guys using??? Im not looking for crazy height and not lookin to spend a boat load of money. Just wanna have something that works well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went with the 3" carli back country I love it... it is spendy but rides and handles awesome its got a great stance I'll see if I can get a pic posted

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: Skyd Ram

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
My dealer just installed the 5 inch Rough Country lift on my new Ram.

·
Registered
897 Posts
2" Leveling kit may be all you need, depending on what tire size you have or will get..These kits will allow you to run 35" tires with no problems and are inexpensive and easy to install..I have a REV-TEK on mine, but there are others out there..Mine has worked well after after graduating from running 38's back in my gasser/mudracing days several years ago...Been there, done that..JD

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the pure performance 4" X factor lift. The kit was well engineered and complete. The truck rides very well for a heavy duty truck. It clears 35s with room for 37s. The best kits to look at are carli thuren and pure performance. They are more costly but the most effective

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
745 Posts

Here's my 07.5 with a 5 inch rough country as well. I can still pull a gooseneck with it. Not crazy high but perfect for what I use it for

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
from A-E are my friends..
352 Posts

thats a good looking truck. did you have to lift your gooser any to pull it? id like to go with a 4 or 5" kit and 37s but i drag a horse trailer quite a bit and was afraid id have to lift it. my gooser makes me nervous at times and only have a 2" level.

btw nuge if you wanna run a 2" level with 35s this is what mine looks like. def the cheapest route

·
Registered
630 Posts
Before any real solid recommendation can be made, you need to tell us the budget you are working with as "not lookin to spend a boat load of money" means a whole lot of different things to each person.

I'm guessing you have a desire to do it right the first time if you have a stage 4 ATS On the way (your signature).

Both Thuren and Carli have some great riding 3" kits for around 1200-1300. At least to me, that's not spending a whole boatload of money.

If you're interested in either Thuren or Carli, give CJC a call or a PM on here as they are a vendor. They are some very knowledgable guys there that won't sell you something you won't need. Also they just got another pallet of Thuren goods in-stock including control arms.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I didn't have to lift it. I just have to be careful when I turn sometimes. But now that I'm used to it, it's works pretty well!

·
UFC FAN
769 Posts
I also have the 5" rough country lift. but i upgraded to the Bilstein 5100 shocks and the TGC dual steering stabilizer. 20x10 -24 offset fuel hostage wheels and 35x12.50x20 Toyo Open country tires.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also have the 5" rough country lift. but i upgraded to the Bilstein 5100 shocks and the TGC dual steering stabilizer. 20x10 -24 offset fuel hostage wheels and 35x12.50x20 Toyo Open country tires.

Your truck looks sweet!! I do wanna do it right the first time. Im thinkin i like the look of the 5 inch but i use my truck for work and am always putting fairly heavy stuff in the back and towing a trailer. Will i regrete the height difference the first time i have to lift something in the back.

·
Registered
847 Posts
if you want to do it right spend the coin or leave it stock. rough tuff and all the other lifts are great but they wont touch a carli or thuren suspension. if your not going to go with them thats fine, but i would highly recommend a long arm lift if you going above 4in. I had a fabtech 4.5 short arm and i thought it rode okay and then i got a 6in backcountry radius arm kit from carli and was amazed at how well a 8500 pd truck rides and handles. just my opnion.

Reactions: Skyd Ram

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
^^^^^^^X2

I would suggest sticking around 3-4" of lift unless you are going to budget for something with a long arm conversion.:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts