Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to installing my Carli kit and took it to get aligned yesterday. They're trying to say this is the best it can get, but from talking with my mechanic friends and reading other threads it seems as if he just doesn't know what he's doing... I'm suppose to go back tomorrow to have them work on it again.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did.. I didn't look at the sheet till I got home.

·
Vendor
383 Posts
The Camber is none adjustable on these trucks unless you have a set of adjustable ball joints. The concern i have is the caster numbers. With your truck running a Carli system you should have about 4.5Degrees of caster (carli happy spot). It specifically shows the ranges it "should be" and the shop didn't adjust it there. And the toe! He added more toe in which you did not need. The tow should be 0.10. I would not take my vehicle back there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ball joints are stock with 9,9xx miles, 900ish of them are with the Carli kit and 37s

·
Premium Member
11,978 Posts
he should be able to put a bit more camber into it...toe is ok, cuz total toe would be right at .020, as for the camber, sometimes even changing the balljoints with brand new ones won't bring it in line...it's an axle thing

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'd be embarrassed to employ anyone who says that's the best they can do.
First off let me just say... Check upper ball joints. I'm in the middle of 2 ball joint jobs as we speak on 13 up ctds. IF in fact your camber is bad you can do an offset ball joint. SPC part 23810 I believe is where they start. That'll also give you caster adjustment but honestly none of this is going to do you any good until someone with any knowledge gets their hands on it and finds out if you have any issues and find the caster tolerances so they can do an offset ball joint if required. This is not even close to correct though to answer your question.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Driver side.

Passenger side

·
Premium Member
11,978 Posts
i thought it was a 12...it's a 15? those are actually fairly easy to align...i like doing them better than the older ones, honestly

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes 2015 2500 mega with 3'' Carli commuter and 37 toyo Mts. 9,9xx miles on truck with 9xx of them being with lift and tires

·
Premium Member
11,978 Posts
do you still have the stock tires/wheels? maybe bring them to the shop that does the alignment, and let them put them on, do the alignment, then reinstall the big meats...that does sometimes make it easier to line up

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately I got rid of them already.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Why not do it yourself ?

Angle finder
Tape measure
Drive Time (mainly to dial in steering wheel center)

Sorry, but i have aligned EVERY straight axle truck i have owned...super simple an eye the wear on tires.

·
Supporting Vendors
9,585 Posts
Tell him to loosen the upper bolts on the radius arms, so the axle can actually move when he's trying to use the caster adjusters. Then, after he fixes your alignment, ask for your money back as a training fee.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He's getting closer...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'm confused as to how the actual numbers from the first sheet aren't matching the before numbers on the second sheet? do they change that quickly from driving?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sadly that was the 3rd or 4th sheet had brought me

1 - 19 of 19 Posts