Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a lift for my truck but cant seem to find one anywhere. any of you dually guys have some ideas?

·
Banned
706 Posts
i need a lift for my truck but cant seem to find one anywhere. any of you dually guys have some ideas?
You really want to do that? Man it looks good as is! To each his own.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i would just like to fit some bigger tires, it has a 2in leveling kit but some guys said that i still couldnt run bigger so i figured a lift was the only way.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is one mighty fine ride...i would love the same thing with the exception of those pricey toyos

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
that is one mighty fine ride...i would love the same thing with the exception of those pricey toyos
the toyos have the E rating which may be necessary if you do any hauling or towing..not to mention that the extended tread life makes them more cost effective in the long run

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea but about all i haul in my atv, the last toyos i bought(35x12.5x18) were 387 a piece..thats ridiculous. but i guess if the last longer it could work out better. im tryin to keep my cost under 6500 if at all possible. do you guys install the lifts yourselves or get someone else to do the install?

·
Registered
769 Posts
How big of a tire are you wanting to run?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i would like to run 37s but ill prolly just stick with some around a 35

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 6" with 35's check out pure performance( aka Rock Krawler) very nice stuff. Word of advice do a long arm kit you will regret if you don't, any thing more than a 3" is too much for a short arm.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i guess you gotta call them, every place i look online they only have 1ton srw lifts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i agree with liftman. spend the exta money and do a long arm kit.
pure performance has some very nice stuff. i have the adj. trac bar from them, very happy with the product.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'll try to get the best they have to offer, but like i said, im tryin to keep this under 6500 for everything including the install. is it possible?

·
Registered
129 Posts
im doing the 2 1/2 inch thursday with 1/2 spacers and 285 ill be posting some pics

·
Registered
129 Posts
oh and if you already have a 2 inch leveling kit you can run 35s but you have to have a2 inch spacer in between the duals so they dont touch

·
Registered
82 Posts
i'll try to get the best they have to offer, but like i said, im tryin to keep this under 6500 for everything including the install. is it possible?

where are you located?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well im working on a job in zanesville ohio right now, bout 50-60 miles east of columbus..i have a 2 or 2 1/2 spacer right now.

·
Registered
315 Posts
By the way a SRW lift will work for a dually you just need to splurge for the springs in the rear instead of just blocks.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
By the way a SRW lift will work for a dually you just need to splurge for the springs in the rear instead of just blocks.
well..youll need the lift, some spacers in the back, tires, and wheels

i know that for my 2001 2500 I was quoted 4800 with everything installed including toyo m/ts 35x12.5 r20, 20x10 mazzi hulk, and superlift 5" with bilstein

so 1700 more for 2 more tires, and spacers is completly doable

your 6500 budget might be a little more than you actually need but try and negotiate shock upgrades and such at no charge..they DO want your business:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 28 Posts