Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Lift broke....

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  BurninMetal 
#1 ·
Anyone have any goode contact info for Fabtech to repair a broken lift? see pics.. this truck has never seen what off road is... and yet the fancy lift breaks... its on my sisters truck at the ranch...

What it should look like

Now

The truck

See less See more
#3 ·
Shop that is no more installed it... It looks like a bolt on the plate where the tower should be came off and that is what cause the weak hinge point.... not 100% sure I wouldn't think it would cause it to break but ya never know.. truck has 20k on it with no issues except this.

#4 ·
wow, yeah i work in a fab shop we specialize in crawlers and such, we see alot of people come in with broken shock towers and other parts that fail from lift kits im sure the manufacturer will send out another part

#7 ·
I think I will still be out the anodixing though, I'm not sure if they will cover that or not if they do honor their system.. that and I need to figure out the specific anodizing that was done...
This is why i just like to keep it simple. its a beautiful truck but way too much for me..

#5 ·
Are you sure that those are Fabtech hoops...They look more like superlift hoops...

#6 ·
Nope, I'm not, I didn't do the lift and not sure what the set up is.. I haven't ever got a chance to dig into it and seachr for stamping numbers.. but I was assuming it was from the spings and some other parts.... I will have to take a look at the 2 diff ones and reasearch what is on there before I start asking for things to be fix....

Thanks for the info I will look into superlift too.. Do you know how many manuf. make those hoops out of alum?

#8 ·
No problem...the only reason I noticed is I have Fabtech hoops and mine are built differently. Those look just like a buddy of mines Superlift hoops...hope you can find someone to replace them...

#9 ·
Oh...and by the way...My Fabtech hoops are steel...if that helps. I didn't know anyone made Alum. hoops...

#10 ·
Me either.. they seem kinda a weak design... I could be wrong but you can't anodize steel can you...? Maybe they are just powder coated, I was told they were anodized, and from the look of them I never questioned it..
The break looks like they are alum, not steel.. hopefully I will find out who and what they are...

#12 ·
That would be it thanks.. Pm'd ya about your stuff...

#13 ·
shot you a pm back. I just can't split up the hoops from the shocks. New Hoop setup is something like $350 with all the brackets and hardware.

#14 ·
Looks more like powdercoating to me, anodizing is usually a but more porous looking. Is it magnetic?

If you can get a good close up picture of the break in focus it would help identifying what actually did go wrong.

#15 ·
I will tonight.. I didn't think about the magnet trick till tonight... I think they are superlift hoops... so its no wonder why it broke... (not a superlift fan) Couldn't get ahold of anyone at superlift today so I will try tomorrow... I just want a new one or set.. so I can modify then to not break.. ever!

#16 ·
guaranteed its not aluminum, if it helps, the tears in the metal would be different, and its a superlift setup or copy of one. we modified one for a second gen fit, and to be honest, the shocks are the problem in all likelihood. the pressure from the better shocks is entirely dependant on the valving. just because you went to a good shock doesnt necessarily mean its a better fit for the truck, especially when running duals, i know the kit you have, and if you look at get verts truck you will see its the same one but modified and reinforced to fit a 2md gen. the problem is the valving and lenght, always.

in order for the steel to tear apart like that the valves either froze or the shocks bottomed out too many times. id call the company and ask about it, otherwise youve got a fun time ahead trying to fnd the correct valving and doin alot of math. its actually a ommon problem with the new fords as well. most companies offer a dual shock setup without actually specifically giving shock part numbers for the kits, or just selling them with two of the same shocks that would be used alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.