Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i get some 6-8" lift blocks to replace the factory ones. I am going to get a lift for the truck and i want something bigger than the 5.5" Tuff Country... I also dont want to go to long arms becasue that is double the cost. The truck will not see offroad use much at all either.

Let me know if you guys know where i can find some blocks.

Mike

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Try topguncustomz

·
Registered
557 Posts
Where can i get some 6-8" lift blocks to replace the factory ones. I am going to get a lift for the truck and i want something bigger than the 5.5" Tuff Country... I also dont want to go to long arms becasue that is double the cost. The truck will not see offroad use much at all either.

Let me know if you guys know where i can find some blocks.

Mike
8" of lift over the factory height? thats a crap load. plus youll have axle wrap out the butt, itll kill your springs faster, you might need a longer rear drive shaft section, for the front how much lift do you want? much over 5" or so youll want to go LA, short arms are too short, theyll ride like crap, wont flex at all, youll have ALOT of bumpsteer issues, but you wont have any brake dive issues..

·
Registered
956 Posts
8" of lift over the factory height? thats a crap load. plus youll have axle wrap out the butt, itll kill your springs faster, you might need a longer rear drive shaft section, for the front how much lift do you want? much over 5" or so youll want to go LA, short arms are too short, theyll ride like crap, wont flex at all, youll have ALOT of bumpsteer issues, but you wont have any brake dive issues..

Just say no.

That big of a lift block will cause alot more problems than it will help.

You will need both drive shafts to be longer, you will need a long arm kit for the front because going that high will pull the tires towards the body. Longer brake lines, maybe index the transfer case, you could go on and on. Getting a re-arched spring pack with a slightly taller block would be the way to go, but you can't get around all of the other issues.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What i was thinking originally was building my own lift. I was going to make my own Long arm kit... I want to run 38's... I dont tow with this truck at all... its just a toy... also... I am not sure what i am doing really... 5" is pretty big i guess... and i have seen people run 6" with 38's...

Either way i was just trying to see how much it would cost to round up pieces instead of buying a whole kit.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Re-arched springs are really not that expensive if you find an place that specializes in springs, then you don't have to wory about breaking those ungodly long u-bolts or worry so much about axle wrap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts