Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through my first 3 tanks it has not been more than .1 MPG off at each fill up. I filled it up tonight and the meter said 17.0 and I hand calculated 17.09. Don't know why but it seems spot on.

Now if I could just get the heat to work :banghead:

Jeff

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
Huh well lucky you mine lies so bad i just leave it on temp and compass lol

-Jordan-

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have always heard everyone say that theirs does not read correctly, but I am like you mineis always spot on. The more I think about it I am wondering if it doesnt have something to do with the fact that most people use their trucks to drive everyday and do about half and half between towing and driving unloaded. If you tow for half a tank then the overhead will read low but then it seems to take a little while to offset the averages to get back to normal if you then go the next couple hundred miles unloaded. For the past few months I have not hauled anything and mine is reading spot on now as it always has. Next time I tow something I will have to test out my theory and see what it reads after a good hard hundred miles or so of towing. Either that or me and you own the 1 percent of trucks that actually work.

·
Registered
376 Posts
mines off usually 1-2 mpg. its close enough for me and since i cant afford to fill it all the way anymore with the cost of fuel i just go by that

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine was off until i put bigger tires on,now it is all good.
Don
Funny you should say that. Mine has 285's on it and i checked my speedo against my GPS and it is within 1 MPH at 60. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Jeff

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine is within 1 or 2mph on mode 1, but if i turn up the ADR it's off by quite a bit..last time i checked i used the ADR quite a bit on the higher modes and it was off by 6ish..so i mostly trust it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts