Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my first post. I've recentley bought 1986 ford f250xlt with cummins engine and 3 auto box. I've been told that engine came from 1990 Leyland Roadrunner(7.5t truck). Just want to know is it exactly same as first gen. cummins or something is different. It's without intercooler. I did couple of hours research but couldn't find anything useful. Just want to turn fuelscrew or if i'm gone order parts, want to be sure it fits. Thanks
Kuldar

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Find the tag on the side of the timing cover facing the drivers side fender. Maybee that will help these guys find out what you have.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The best way to tell is from tell-tale signs on the injection pump... A picture of the IP would be helpful, along with the engine tag numbers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find the tag on the side of the timing cover facing the drivers side fender. Maybee that will help these guys find out what you have.

On very top there is nr. 1.85
under that there is 49001000
under that is model nr. 310, then serial nr. 21057400, then part nr. 310008, then at the bottom rating 108kw at 2600rpm.

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,048 Posts
Does the injection pump look like the one in this pic?

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
10,958 Posts
CAV pump.

I have never seen a Leyland truck.

Could you get a pic of the CPL tag too?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CAV pump.

I have never seen a Leyland truck.

Could you get a pic of the CPL tag too?

What is CPL tag?
Just let me know where i can find it and i'll take photo. Thanks.
Those leylands are more like europan type of trucks/lorryes

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,048 Posts
Look at my pic. It is just in front of the injection pump on the timing cover. It is just below the spring. Look for the small rivet. That is the top of the data tag.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I came up with 142 horsepower when I converted his kw rating.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured those horsepowers out earlier. Just want to know if that's(cav pump) is the only difference in engines. Does someone has experience with that pump, i'd like to turn fuelscrew, but don't know where it is exactly. One more thing, it has turbo like wrong way around, air goes in from cabin side and exhaust comes from front side.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Isn't that because they had those big snorkels sticking out hood ??
So they could breathe underwater ....

Now there's a mental image :
A snorkeled - stacked Cummins 4x4 going at full tilt across a 5' deep river bed :rof:rof

1 - 13 of 13 Posts