Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the coil spacers from Top Gun Customz. Do you need to get the truck realigned? You can fit 35's?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
some say you do and some dont.... I took mine in and had it aligned and there was nothing out... other's have said that it took there's outa alignment so id say for safe reasons spend the $50 and be on the safe side... as for clearing 35's yes but if you have the correct back spacing

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I am guessing 35's no go with stock wheels?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just grab a hand tape and check the toe when you're done. If it's out, adjust it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I didnt get mine aligned and have been fine, but some get major problems, check the toe yourself, and drive it, if all seems ok, then all should be ok. And yes 35s on stock wheels will fit with only very minor rubbing on the control arm at full lock. U didnt ask for pics, but I like showing off my truck. :T:

·
Registered
841 Posts
I didn't require an alignment either after levelling.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey nice truck and never heard of that before what is the toe???

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I did't have to get an alignment either when i install my leveling kit, just mark where everything is before you start unbolting and it all lines back up your in the good. You can see it in the 2nd pic, also running 34" no problem, no rubbin

·
Registered
331 Posts
Did anyof u put in the spacers and stay with the stock trackbar? The track bar really isn't in the budget right now along with new shocks, but I want to go ahead and install the spacers because I am gonna get new tires in a couple of months.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump! and what do you mean by measure the toe???

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
You'll be fine with the stock track bar. The front end will just stick out about 3/4" more on the drivers side. Won't hurt anything though. Lots of us run them that way cause them track bars are exspensive!!!

Here's the terms of alignment..............Wheel Alignment A Short Course

·
Registered
204 Posts
I know my jeep is between 1/8" and 1/4" toe-in. What's the acceptable range for toe on one of these beasts?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Bump! and what do you mean by measure the toe???
Measure from the outside of the tread on driver side to the outside of the tread on the passenger side on the front of your steer tires, that is measurement "X"
Then measure from the outside of the tread on driver side to the outside of the tread on the passenger side in the back of the steer tires. That is measurement "Y".
X=Y
If not align it. Basically checking "toe" makes sure both tires are pointed in the same direction.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is it a pain in the butt to install the spacers??? Thanks fellas:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Not really. There are several threads on here on how to do it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Is it a pain in the butt to install the spacers??? Thanks fellas:thumbsup
Its not too bad, I did them by myself in about 4 hours. Just make sure you unbolt your track bar, and I also had to unbolt the upper control arm on the passenger side, and still use a bottle jack to get the axle far enough down to slide in the spacer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts