Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2015 2500 last week with 130k on it. What’s everyone going with for a leveling kit? I have been looking at the 2” BDS with fox shocks. Is there any real benefit to adding the adjustable track bar or can you do without?

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
at 2" you can leave the stock track bar set up, but i would, if money was not an issue, grt an adjustable track bar to properly center the axle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
just bought a Thuren 2 in leveling kit with the overland shocks and track bar for my 2014 2500. Getting them installed on Tuesday, cant wait

·
Registered
116 Posts
You'll get a lot of good feedback on Thuren and Carli leveling kits. If you don't mind spending 1k+ it is definitely worth it. I run Thuren because I only wanted to go up 1".

If you don't want to spend a ton of money and don't mind the factory ride there are plenty of spacer options out there. I ran a 2" spacer with shock extenders on my 15 before going to Thuren. Had no issues at all with it and there was no change in the ride. I went with with Thuren for a better ride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was going to go with the 1" in to stay with a rake but couldn't get myself to spend $900 for an inch. I should still have a slight rake with the 2 in( I'm hoping)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the rough country spacers and shock extenders with the factory bilstines. I recently ordered the thuren front track bar and synenergy drag link. I eventually want to get rid of the spacers for springs and new shocks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
With 1" I have less rake than I thought I would. Haven't towed the camper yet, but if need be I'll get air bags.

Reactions: G. Mcpherson

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I was looking at this kit from Bilstien, 2 new front springs (2.3" lift) and 4 new 5100 shocks. I had put the 5100 shocks and steering stabilizer on my old Silverado HD and loved the improvement in ride, really stiffened the truck up (stock shocks were beyond shot lol). Has anyone used this one? Seen some YouTube vids on install, seems easy enough. How do you adjust your track bar, or does the alignment shop do that? Which adjustable ones are worth it? Knowing my axle is offset even if not really visible (I plan to run my stock 20s with 295s) bugs me lol.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I was looking at this kit from Bilstien, 2 new front springs (2.3" lift) and 4 new 5100 shocks. I had put the 5100 shocks and steering stabilizer on my old Silverado HD and loved the improvement in ride, really stiffened the truck up (stock shocks were beyond shot lol). Has anyone used this one? Seen some YouTube vids on install, seems easy enough. How do you adjust your track bar, or does the alignment shop do that? Which adjustable ones are worth it? Knowing my axle is offset even if not really visible (I plan to run my stock 20s with 295s) bugs me lol.
I run the next model up from that (with the front reservoirs) and have been very happy with it. You cannot adjust the stock track bar so if you want it squared up you'll have to get an aftermarket adjustable one. Thuren or Carli would be my choice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just had a 2 in Thuren leveling kit with track bar installed today and the only thing the garage could not do was adjust my steering wheel because the steering link had welded jam nuts because of the recall. I called the dealership to find out when I could get a new steering link and they told me that Ram considers that a permanent fix. I lost it. I asked how can that be. My steering wheel is off center. Has anyone else heard of this. I kind of went off on the dealership Rep. The dealership was going to do the install (even got a quote) but I went with another garage. I asked the dealer Rep. if they did do the install, how were they going to fix my steering with welded jam nuts. The Dealer Rep. didn't have an answer, that's when they told me they are going to look into this. Anyone else have this issue

·
Registered
59 Posts
My truck has the welded jam nut "recall fix" as well, I never woulda thought about that, that would drive me nuts. Really would think that they could have found a better solution other than "well, it can't come loose if we weld it and make it completely useless to adjust again andddd we will save a bundle on parts!" Lol. I'm not sure of a fix short of cutting the welds, re adjusting it, and re welding it maybe?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just had a 2 in Thuren leveling kit with track bar installed today and the only thing the garage could not do was adjust my steering wheel because the steering link had welded jam nuts because of the recall. I called the dealership to find out when I could get a new steering link and they told me that Ram considers that a permanent fix. I lost it. I asked how can that be. My steering wheel is off center. Has anyone else heard of this. I kind of went off on the dealership Rep. The dealership was going to do the install (even got a quote) but I went with another garage. I asked the dealer Rep. if they did do the install, how were they going to fix my steering with welded jam nuts. The Dealer Rep. didn't have an answer, that's when they told me they are going to look into this. Anyone else have this issue
I’ve fought the fight your having. And lucky enough. I won. I live in Canada. Made a claim with a government service called CAMVAP (its an arbitrator on your behalf since FCA doesn’t give a crap once your money is their pocket) anyway. 2 min to make my claim. Next day. Phone call from CAMVAP. Day after that. FCA. Customer care called. Asked a few questions. A week later. My local dealership called me and asked me to come in so they could look at my truck. I brought my truck in. Talked calmly to the service manager and shop Forman. Told them exactly this “ I own my truck. I work on my truck. I want to be able to adjust an adjustable part on my truck. “Picture someone coming into your home on your property you own and nailed down all your furniture”... “. So they agreed with me and pushed it through to who ever. And boom. Old welded drag link out. New adjustable OEM/Mopar drag link in. All on FCA s $$$. Thank goodness for CAMVAP!!! Good luck to you!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I started a thread on this matter hoping someone might have had a similar experience

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’ve fought the fight your having. And lucky enough. I won. I live in Canada. Made a claim with a government service called CAMVAP (its an arbitrator on your behalf since FCA doesn’t give a crap once your money is their pocket) anyway. 2 min to make my claim. Next day. Phone call from CAMVAP. Day after that. FCA. Customer care called. Asked a few questions. A week later. My local dealership called me and asked me to come in so they could look at my truck. I brought my truck in. Talked calmly to the service manager and shop Forman. Told them exactly this “ I own my truck. I work on my truck. I want to be able to adjust an adjustable part on my truck. “Picture someone coming into your home on your property you own and nailed down all your furniture”... “. So they agreed with me and pushed it through to who ever. And boom. Old welded drag link out. New adjustable OEM/Mopar drag link in. All on FCA s $$$. Thank goodness for CAMVAP!!! Good luck to you!
good to hear, thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ordered this kit yesterday, should be delivered in a couple weeks. Also curious about the track bar. I guess I’ll see after install if it’s even worth it or not. Theres a few threads on track bars, I used the search bar to find them.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Just get the track cause you’ll be doing it eventually anyhow. Easier to align it once

1 - 20 of 26 Posts