Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using for leveling kits? Was looking at the bds 2” with fox shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Cummins Freak
3,252 Posts
Thuren with fox shocks......

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thuren with King shocks. Thuren is local to me too, they met me at a bar with all of my parts and I paid them haha.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thuren or Carli. Thuren is what I used and couldn't be happier. I do recommend their track bar to center your axle. I know folks who run their house brand overland shocks and are extremely happy. I chose the fox 2.0 as Don Thuren has them on his truck right now. 100% difference from stock, soooo much better ride. Buy the level as a kit and not piece by piece like I did. I ordered the front coils (1.75") and front shocks, then the next day I ordered the rear shocks. Now I just ordered the track bar to fix my axle alignment. It is much cheaper as a kit and shipping is less as a kit also.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just ordered the Thuren 1.75" Coil with King 2.5s.
I'm really excited to receive it, a little apprehensive about installing it myself, looking forward to experiencing the final product, and a bit shell-shocked about the size of the investment.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm really excited to get receive it, a little apprehensive about installing it myself, looking forward to experiencing the final product, and a bit shell-shocked about the size of the investment.
Don't sweat it. Items needed:
1. Two jacks for lowering axle. Not needed (can do with 1), but makes it easier.
2. Set of 6 ton jack stands.
3. 1/2 impact sockets
4. Torque wrench
5. You do NOT need spring compressors.

Disconnect sway bar end links, brake line bolts, traction bar and then lower axle until the springs can be pulled out easily. Lower axle further (a little each side at a time) making sure nothing is getting tight. Put new springs in with the words THUREN upright. Do NOT use any lube to slide springs in. install shock bolts (lower) raise axle up while guiding top shock bolts in. Torque everything down. Get an alignment using Thuren specs and enjoy your much improved ride. I recommend the $370 adjustable track bar. Do NOT use a spring spacer lift.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't sweat it. Items needed:
1. Two jacks for lowering axle. Not needed (can do with 1), but makes it easier.
2. Set of 6 ton jack stands.
3. 1/2 impact sockets
4. Torque wrench
5. You do NOT need spring compressors.

Disconnect sway bar end links, brake line bolts, traction bar and then lower axle until the springs can be pulled out easily. Lower axle further (a little each side at a time) making sure nothing is getting tight. Put new springs in with the words THUREN upright. Do NOT use any lube to slide springs in. install shock bolts (lower) raise axle up while guiding top shock bolts in. Torque everything down. Get an alignment using Thuren specs and enjoy your much improved ride. I recommend the $370 adjustable track bar. Do NOT use a spring spacer lift.
Not to hijack the thread, but wanted to say thanks! The track bar comes with the kit, so I should be good to go, until the lure of the torsion sway bar, steering box brace, steering stabilizer, and whatever else is next on the list takes over...

Thanks again, it's like waiting for Christmas at this point!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the basic leveling kit. I went with procomp because I wanted to keep my factory parts. I fit 35 inch Toyo MT’s with no rub whatsoever. This is temporary and I’ll be going with a carli or Kelderman lift at a later date.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is the trac bar available from thuren yet for the 19's?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance
3,474 Posts
Is the trac bar available from thuren yet for the 19's?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I did verify this with thuren when the 19's came out. The Thuren track bar does work on the 19's. I have sold quite a few since then and have had no problems.

·
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance
3,474 Posts
I'm really excited to get receive it, a little apprehensive about installing it myself, looking forward to experiencing the final product, and a bit shell-shocked about the size of the investment.
Watch a few videos. You'll see how easy it can be. Just be safe and have fun! The difference it will make will leave you extremely impressed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts