Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to the forum, I've done a good bit of reading but I can't seem to get the answer I'm looking for. I have a 2011 2500 4x4 CCSB (I keep reading you are supposed to put things like this in a signature but I can't figure out how to do that on my iPhone yet) I want to put on a leveling kit and do a tire and wheel replacement I have found several different spacers but can't seem to find the 2 inch coils I have read about. Also what else do I need to do to insure my truck is sound as far a other brackets that might need to be replaced/added to reduce strain. I've also read about the front axle drifting to one side?? I'm sure there is a search on all of this but it has become painfully obvious to me that a lot of you know a lot more than I about upgrades/modifying these trucks. I don't plan on doing any serious off roading just general used around a small farm. How large of a tire can I put on without having rub? Thanks in advance for the help.
Alex

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
Thuren makes a good 2" coil that I have used and also makes a good adjustable track bar to center tha axle back up after a lift/level. I cant remember if you can edit your signature using autoguide because it does not work on my iphone for some reason but you can go to www.cumminsforum.com and click user cp to edit sig.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I started with 2in spacers bad idea!! The front axle shifted way off to one side looked real silly. The ride was also really bad like a bulldozer on big rocks bad!! I ended up with a Carli starter package with 3in coils, adj track bar, control arms and the bilstein shocks. Then I put 1in ready lift blocks in the rear and it looks real nice with 35's. I do not race this truck I just drive it normal. The ride is way better than stock!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I think Top Gun Customz sells a 2" coil. good product and progressive rate springs for a better ride than factory

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't forget the rear blocks, I did them after the leveling kit. The reason was so I knew how much to put in the back. The front was tricky, hard to match up perfect with the rear and everyone likes a different look. My opinion is do the front kit then play with the back in the driveway. I liked 3" in the front and1" in the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts