Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me why I should spend the extra money for a carli leveling kit. Seems to me like these trucks ride pretty good as is. Is the ride quality really 10x better?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

· Premium Member
201 Posts
If you are happy with your ride then you shouldn't. When I purchased my truck it had a leveling kit on it with 5100's. It rode stiff plus after some time I got that gift known as Deathwobble. I sprang for a Carli pintop 2.5 system. All I can say is if I ever get rid of this truck, my next truck will get another Carli system right after I buy one. It is not the cadillac ride that you read about but instead a great trucklike ride. When I drive to our cabin, the roads are the washboard type that jar everything in the truck. I use to have to slow down to a crawl just to keep my fillings in my teeth. Now with the Carli system, I actually speed up. The faster I go, the smoother it is. Having said all of this, if you are happy with what you have, dont change it. My 2 cents. I hope this helps.

John

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply bud. My other option was the backcountry 3" kit. Do the full lifts make the truck squat more when loaded?

· Registered
760 Posts
If you read more into their kits they offer 3" and 6" kits . Their 3" is their level

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

· Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I contemplated the same thing, for the past 6 months I was researching what is the best leveling kit for the PRICE. I thought about Carli, I'm sure their product is good, but is just way too much. I called Carli, and they seemed really arrogant, like their sh*t don't stink, who ever I talked to even bashed all the competition and that just put a bad taste in my mouth. When I tried to ask specific questions the sales guy got mad and raised his voice over mine to try and get his point across. So I decided not to go with Carli.

So that just left me with 3 options, Readylift, HBS, or Daystar. I was going to go with HBS but at the last minute I installed Daystar with 5100 Bilstein shocks and a BD track bar. I'm very pleased, the truck rides better than stock, really smooth and handles good.

I just want to say that HBS has really good honest people working for them. The lady I spoke with was super nice and their company is very humble, she didn't talk crap or bash any other product.

Hope my experience helps you out. I'm sure there will be someone who will say that Carli is the ONLY way to go. Or that coil springs are the only way to go. Its funny in this world of being politically correct I have to say No Offense to any Carli owners, its just not for me. Its just way over priced.

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you read more into their kits they offer 3" and 6" kits . Their 3" is their level

So hang on a sec. You are telling me that a 3" back country kit for $2500 is just the front components? That is freaking nuts.

99dodge I think I'm with you. I had a spacer on my 3rd gen and was happy with it. I'll save the big bucks for the real fun stuff.

· Premium Member
1,250 Posts
So hang on a sec. You are telling me that a 3" back country kit for $2500 is just the front components? That is freaking nuts.

99dodge I think I'm with you. I had a spacer on my 3rd gen and was happy with it. I'll save the big bucks for the real fun stuff.

Exactly, It all comes down to money, my Daystars were $150, Bilsteins were $94 a piece, and the BD track bar was $400 bucks.

I too had spacers on my old 99 and had no problems, in fact my old 99 had 3" metal spacers, and dual shocks in the front and she rode great.

I went with the Daystars to try something new, poly spacers, and I'm very happy.

· Registered
760 Posts
You also get the mini leaf pack that's progressive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.