Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was wondering if any one from omaha has got a leveling kit for there front end, if so where from and how much?

·
Vigilante
830 Posts
I have a 2.5. Got it off ebay for around$75.00. Easy install. Are you going to make it to the meet tomorrow?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want to stop out there and check out all the trucks but idk if i want to get it all dirty and i just washed and cleaned her all up but depends on if others are still going

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
i have a 2" leveling kit from top gun customz but it isnt installed ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
do you guys have any problems with the track bar bushings or did you get the adjustible track bar?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey buddy, I got mine from Ultimate Truck for $85, but another like 120 install, i just didnt have the time to do it myself. But this was awhile ago, i heard they are a bit mroe expensive there now. Im sure any company is selling them for next to nothing, and I hear they are fairly easy to install

·
Vigilante
830 Posts
Don't buy anything from over priced Ultimate Suck. You can get anything online for so much cheaper. And they rape you on install!! Just my .02!:thumbsup:

If I hit the lottery I am going to open a truck shop. All parts 10% over dealer cost and cheap shop rates where you can help and watch the install of anything so you can get some knowledge! Come on Powerball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party018::thumbsup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
05pscc's i didnt have time to talk to ya much b/c you had work, but did you put your leveling kit on yourself?

·
Registered
155 Posts
i dont know about 05pscc but i put my own on it wasnt that hard just dont take the track bar loose

·
Vigilante
830 Posts
05pscc's i didnt have time to talk to ya much b/c you had work, but did you put your leveling kit on yourself?
I have put many on. It is not hard at all. Without power tools it will take 3 hours. With PT's it will take 1.5 to 2 hours. Did not have to realign any trucks yet and no death wobble on any of them.

I got off work at 11:00 p.m. Sunday night!:shock: Then started my regular day yesterday morning at 8 and worked until 5 a.m. this morning.:shock: Slept for about 5 the the phone rang and woke me up.:doh:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Very easy to install I have done many! I am getting pretty bad death wobble on this new truck. Any ideas on that from anyone?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
If I hit the lottery I am going to open a truck shop. All parts 10% over dealer cost and cheap shop rates where you can help and watch the install of anything so you can get some knowledge! Come on Powerball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party018::thumbsup:
You're SOL, the winner is in my pocket!!!! I'd open one with 9% over cost and cheaper shop rates anyway:hehe:

Back on topic. What all is involved with putting one on? Never looked into it and sounds cheap enough.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'v got it down to only taking about 2 hours with no power tools. Its really a peice of cake. I would type it out but I'm feeling lazy sorry...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what is better the coil spacer or something like kore kit?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
what is better the coil spacer or something like kore kit?
You'll hear many opinions on that, but I honestly think a new, longer coil is better than throwing something on top of your stock coil to make it taller. Plus getting longer shocks is a must.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Don't buy anything from over priced Ultimate Suck. You can get anything online for so much cheaper. And they rape you on install!!
I agree...They quoted me 400+ to install my airdog

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I agree...They quoted me 400+ to install my airdog
I think I only paid $170 for my level kit to get put on. Not just a spacer, new springs and shocks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya idk what im gonna blow my money on next... air intake, mag -tec dd trany pan, or smarty jr???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts