Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size leveling kit do all of yall have on yalls 08's, and how much is one? Thanks

fannin

·
Registered
42 Posts
fannin-- I've looked at a number of leveling kits (generally 2.0" - 2.5") for my 2008 QCSB 4X4 6.7L, and the best so far for price and quality is the Kore Performance "HP Leveling" kit. New coils, Bilstein shocks, and stabilizer bar drop blocks. Great kit for $335.00. I'm not a fan of spacers, would rather just use new taller, full-length coils as well as taller shocks. I want to put this kit on my truck soon, but sure would like to go with taller tires as well. Just need more time and $$$.

New KORE HP Leveling Kit - Dodge Ram Suspension

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hell Bent 2" level kit...like $70
:thumbsup and 35s.
The spacers are fine, Yes the new coils and shocks and all is a more quality kit, and you get what you pay for, but for the money, a spacer is fine.

·
Registered
506 Posts
:thumbsup and 35s.
The spacers are fine, Yes the new coils and shocks and all is a more quality kit, and you get what you pay for, but for the money, a spacer is fine.
Besides getting the death wobble. I have spacers and Im going to replace them with the kore kit to get away from the wobble.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Death Wobble is very real and is an issue with some types of lifts. Do a search you will find plenty of reading on the subject. Most cases I hear of occur when the vehicle hits a bump, going over a bridge, a break in the pavement, so on. Many people report having to slow or stop due to the violent nature of the steering when thrashing about. I have never heard of someone reporting a crash from Death Wobble, but I bet there are some. I personally would avoid spacer lifts, the extra money is well worth getting the extra piece of mind.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
knock on wood, I have over 100k miles with two different leveling kits from two trucks, One was tuff country 2" spacers and another set of urethane 2" spacers, I have never had the death wobble or have i had the front end realigned.

One thing that i have noticed is that my axle is about 3/4" off centered from the 2" leveling kit. 2" kit needs a adjustable track bar or a drop bracket for it. i would like to replace the control arms with 1" longer ones. I feel that my truck would be alot better off

·
Registered
42 Posts
mattpopp-- Good point, an adjustable track bar is a great idea for re-centering the axle... Need more $$$...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Besides getting the death wobble. I have spacers and Im going to replace them with the kore kit to get away from the wobble.
Death Wobble is very real and is an issue with some types of lifts. Do a search you will find plenty of reading on the subject. Most cases I hear of occur when the vehicle hits a bump, going over a bridge, a break in the pavement, so on. Many people report having to slow or stop due to the violent nature of the steering when thrashing about. I have never heard of someone reporting a crash from Death Wobble, but I bet there are some. I personally would avoid spacer lifts, the extra money is well worth getting the extra piece of mind.
I know lots of guys running the spacer and have never had a problem. I have never had a problem either, I know there are cases, but a mojority of the guys running a spacer have never had a problem.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Its weird, my 04 with the same brand leveling kit never had the wobble issue. But my new truck has a bad case of it.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
I said i never had the death wobble. But i had a Bistien 5100 go bad on the front end of my truck. I hit a bump in the road and the axle started to bounce, it did it one more time that day. I thought it was the death wobble at first. It did it again the next day about four more times, I realized that it was one of the shocks were bad. so when i got home I pulled the front shocks off and put my factory ones back on. I have not had any problems. that was about 16k miles ago. The Bilsteins where about 4 months old and had about 7k miles on them at that time.

I think some people might get a bad shock confused with the death wobble, But if its a bad shock you can not have speed under you and hit a bad bump.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That death wobble was fixed by getting an alignment done. Since then no problemes

·
Registered
341 Posts
I ran a TopGunCustomz.com level kit for about a year with no problems what so ever... Have had a Tuff Country 4.5" kit on a 04.5 Cummins for a year and no problems... And i just recently installed 4" Superlift springs and 2.5" spacers on the front of my 05.... Had it almost a month and no "death wobble"... There are a few more things i am going to do.. Like adjustable trac bar and custom Bilstein dual steering stabilizer shocks... but so far i havent had a problem....

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have the Hell Bent Steel 2" leveling kit, it was $65 shipped

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the rough country 2.5" spacers and they work great. I haven't needed an alignment and for the mega it levels out great. Now I need to decide on tires and rims. I want an aggressive tire that wears well on 18" rims. I don't want it to look overdone, but practical. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
35x12.5 BFG

·
Registered
506 Posts
I like the procomp extreme m/t they wear great, handle a load great, and make very little road noise.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts