Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people have used the 2" front leveling kit and then added 2" rear blocks also. I don't like the prerunner look and every picture I have seen with just the front leveling kit is leaning back.

This is the setup I like so far:

New KORE HP Leveling Kit - Dodge Ram Suspension

eBay Motors: SUSPENSION 2" LIFT BLOCK KIT_ DODGE RAM 2500 & 3500 4X4 (item 310041831222 end time Apr-23-08 04:24:15 PDT)

Any reason this wouldn't work well? I think I will also add the rear matching Bilstein shocks.

Part #: F4-BE5-C614-H0
SAP Part #: F4-BE5-C614-H0

Setting: Heavy Duty (HD)
Position: Rear

List Price: $ 121.00

·
Registered
513 Posts
Actually, the level kits usually keep the rear slightly higher than the front. Sounds like what you want is a 2" lift, not a level kit.

What you have listed will work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the shocks included with the Kore kit longer than stock?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Are the shocks included with the Kore kit longer than stock?
LOL, I would hope so or thats one crappy kit!

Nah, seriously, they should be, otherwise I dont know why they would include stock length shocks with the 2" taller springs...

Like Pauly said, most leveling kits I have seen still keep the back higher by a tad, and actually its mostly visual anyway.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I put a Top Gun Customz 2" (steel) leveling kit in the front and made my own 3/4" spacers for the rear. My truck sits just a little higher in the rear then the front.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I use Thuren's heavy duty rear shackles. They have 3 mounting positions for height adjustments, stock, one inch higher, and 2 inches higher. They allow you to fine tune the lift, are extremely stout and have a greasable bushing:thumbsup

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what I'm talking about, just a front leveling kit, looks like a prerunner. The front is perfect height, I just want to bring the back up with it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Good idea on the shackle, is it more expensive than the blocks? I think the blocks are about $89 bucks shipped.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used this guys truck as an example, good looking truck, mine is the same color except Mega.

·
Vigilante
830 Posts
I put a 2 1/2" leveling kit on my 06 mega cab and mine does not sit higher in the front. You also will save a lot of money going with a leveling kit and rear blocks. Go with a 2 1/2" leveling kit and a 2" block for the back, and wala you have a 2" lift kit for roughly $180.00. Just remember that you have a 2 piece drive shaft on your mega cab so you will need to shim your carrier bearing. Very easy to do. If I remember right it is a 1/4" of shim for every 1" of block heighth. Somebody correct me if I am wrong on that. 2 1/2" leveling kit on ebay is like 90 bucks shipped and ebay also has a 2" rear block kit with u bolts for roughly 90 bucks. If you know a farmer they will surely have some scrap metal 1/4 to a 1/2 thick you could cut to make your own shims. As far as new shocks. you are raising your shocks so you SHOULD never bottom them out. As far as topping them out, well if thats the way you drive your truck than you'll have more than that to worry about. Just my point of view, but I have done this on quite a few trucks, NO PROBLEMS.:thumbsup

·
Vigilante
830 Posts
I just looked at you original post closer. That is the exact block kit I was talking about in my last reply. Just go to the main page of ebay and search for, dodge leveling kit, and there you are. Good luck.:thumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts