Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks great, can you post a photo of the whole truck from the side. I'm thinking of getting the carli 2.5" springs for my 3500 H.O.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Carli or Thuren kit would be better for overall performance, spacer just retains all factory parts. 1.75-2.00” are close to level. 2.5” could sit low if towing anything. I’ll try and get more photos.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm going to lift the rear 2" as well. Plus I have the air suspension so it shouldn't sag while towing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm going to lift the rear 2" as well. Plus I have the air suspension so it shouldn't sag while towing.

Can you tell me the height difference front to rear on your truck with air ride? Mine is only 1/2" higher on rear, very little rake.

Thanks

·
Registered
970 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
219 Posts

Can you tell me the height difference front to rear on your truck with air ride? Mine is only 1/2" higher on rear, very little rake.

Thanks
I'm at 41" at the front wheel well and 41.5" at the rear. So only a ½" difference from front to rear. When I do the 2.5" lift up front I might lift the rear 3" instead of 2" to have a little more rake. I have the factory air assist as well and I'm not a fan of the leveled look I prefer to have little rake.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm at 41" at the front wheel well and 41.5" at the rear. So only a ½" difference from front to rear. When I do the 2.5" lift up front I might lift the rear 3" instead of 2" to have a little more rake. I have the factory air assist as well and I'm not a fan of the leveled look I prefer to have little rake.
One side of mine is the same and the other is 40.25" and 41.5" which is correct in my mind. ( Or better at least ) when you are only 1/2" and drop to 1/2" below in Alt you are now nose high, not exactly the system they sold us haha.

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
One side of mine is the same and the other is 40.25" and 41.5" which is correct in my mind. ( Or better at least ) when you are only 1/2" and drop to 1/2" below in Alt you are now nose high, not exactly the system they sold us haha.

Thanks
Are those measurements front to rear or left to right? That seems a little off?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are those measurements front to rear or left to right? That seems a little off?
Yah it is off and I think I got it narrowed down thanks to the guys at Thuren, factory alignment has it cranked up on one side, we'll see how the dealer handles it on a $90,000 (CDN) truck a week old haha.

Both rears 41.5"
Drivers Front 40.25" ( 1.25" rake ) Correct IMO
Pass Front 41" ( .5" Rake ) No good especially in ALT it drops into a negative 1/2" rake, not level.

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
My alternate trailer height function has been acting up. It wont go down and displays a message. But I haven't gone in the the reflash yet.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I did some digging I guess my alternate trailer height is working as intended. I was under the impression that my truck with air assist would lower to hook up a trailer and then re-level. I feel like that's a waste to not offer that for this system. If you put the truck in transport mode it lowers but as soon as you start driving it will lift back to normal ride height. Here is what the owners manual says I'll post it up. I highlighted the area where it says it won't lower without a load for 3500s.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts