Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Let's see your installed tow hooks!!

3448 Views 13 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Rick C in Oakville
I'm thinking about adding tow hooks to the front of my '96 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4. For all of you that have tow hooks installed on your truck, can you please post a picture showing the tow hooks installed? Also, can you please mention where you picked up your tow hooks, what they are mounted to and if they are bolted-in or welded-in.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,626 Posts
i am curious of this as well i wish they came stock but i wanna know how they are mounted and what size hooks are used too

· Registered
187 Posts
Ive got one bolted with grade 8 bolts. Yes I know its only one but I couldn't find the other and it does the trick. Ill snap a pic of it if the snow ever melts off

· Registered
51 Posts
Here is mine it came off a tracked tank recovery vehicle! I know not what you are looking for just thought I would throw my $0.02 in.

· Registered
100 Posts
i just installed some tow hooks on my 96 4x4. ill take a pic when i get home 2nite

· Registered
100 Posts
sorry i didnt get them posted as soon as i said i would. i took off to new york for a senior trip last thursday and just got back this morning. here are some pics of mine. they are the factory tow hooks from mopar. i found them on craigslist for 50 bucks still in the box with all the bolts and everything. they bolt right up to the frame using 2 of the bumper braket mounting bolts and 2 holes in the crossmember that runs under the radiator. they are nice and solid and work great! hope these help. (sorry they are just cell phone pictures)

· Registered
247 Posts
sorry i didnt get them posted as soon as i said i would. i took off to new york for a senior trip last thursday and just got back this morning. here are some pics of mine. they are the factory tow hooks from mopar. i found them on craigslist for 50 bucks still in the box with all the bolts and everything. they bolt right up to the frame using 2 of the bumper braket mounting bolts and 2 holes in the crossmember that runs under the radiator. they are nice and solid and work great! hope these help. (sorry they are just cell phone pictures)

Who makes these?

· Registered
100 Posts
sorry i didnt get them posted as soon as i said i would. i took off to new york for a senior trip last thursday and just got back this morning. here are some pics of mine. they are the factory tow hooks from mopar. i found them on craigslist for 50 bucks still in the box with all the bolts and everything. they bolt right up to the frame using 2 of the bumper braket mounting bolts and 2 holes in the crossmember that runs under the radiator. they are nice and solid and work great! hope these help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.